Matthew Opoku Prempeh
In 2016, he was re-elected with 35,958 votes, or 87.17% of the votes cast in the district.
Prempeh studied human biology and medicine at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, later continuing post-graduate studies at the Netherlands Institute of Health Sciences and the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Prior to parliament, he served as CEO of Keyedmap Security Services Limited from 2004 to 2009 and as a member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of the United Kingdom from 1999 to 2003.
In May, 2017, President Nana Akufo-Addo named Matthew Opoku Prempeh as part of nineteen ministers who would form his cabinet. The names of the 19 ministers were submitted the Parliament of Ghana and announced by the Speaker of the House, Rt. Hon. Prof. Mike Ocquaye. As a Cabinet minister, Matthew Opoku Prempeh is part of the inner circle of the president and is to aid in key decision making activities in the country.
- Annang, Adolphus. "Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh – Education - Government of Ghana". www.ghana.gov.gh. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- Ghana, ICT Dept. Office of Parliament,. "Parliament of Ghana". www.parliament.gh. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- FM, Peace. "Ghana Election 2016 Results - Manhyia South Constituency". Ghana Elections - Peace FM. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- "Kufuor Grandson Joins Race". ModernGhana.com. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- FM, Citi. "Arts Minister Catherine Afeku makes it to Cabinet". ghanaweb.com. ghanaweb. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
|This Ghanaian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|