Matthew Pierce for O Labs by Aram Alekyan
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Stanford University (B.A.) |
UCLA Anderson (M.B.A.)
|Occupation||Co-founder & CEO, O Labs |
Matthew Pierce (born December 3, 1977) is an entrepreneur, university lecturer, and game designer. He is a former NCAA Champion and was a member of the United States Men's National Swim Team.
Matthew Pierce attended Stanford University, where he was a member of the men’s swimming and diving team. The team won the NCAA Championship in 1998. Pierce was an All-American, an NCAA Champion in the 200-yard butterfly  and a Gold Medalist at the World University Games for USA Swimming.
After graduating from Stanford, Pierce co-founded Rosum Corporation which was later acquired by TruePosition. He then moved to Los Angeles, received his MBA at UCLA Anderson and became VP of Strategy at Originate.
Matthew now serves as co-founder and CEO of O Labs, a joint venture between Originate, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, and ICM Partners. O Labs incubates and operates early-stage portfolio companies that attempt to address the needs of large enterprises. Pierce is a regular contributor to Southern California's Silicon Beach and the Los Angeles startup community.
Pierce is a lecturer at the UCLA Anderson School of Management and a Visiting Scholar in UCLA’s Economics Department where he teaches Entrepreneurship.
Pierce is also a game designer, serving as founder and Chief Creative Officer of Robot Dinosaur Games. He created the game Scenarium  and co-founded Versus, a real-money video game tournament platform backed by O Labs.
- "O Labs".
- "Stanford University's Official Athletic Site - Men's Swimming - GoStanford.com - Stanford Athletics".
- "Startup Incubator O Labs Launches From ICM, Law Firm Manatt and Design Firm Originate".
- "Originate, Manatt & ICM pool expertise to launch new incubator O Labs".
- Times, Los Angeles. "Manatt, ICM, Originate launch O Labs, new investment arm for startups".
- Seave, Ava. "Looking For Ugly Lets New Incubator Differentiate".
- "Originate and the LA Tech Scene. A Chat with Matthew Pierce. - Reyhani Law".
- "Scenarium - a party game for storytellers".
- "Scenarium - A Party Game for Storytellers" – via Amazon.