Matthew Puckett is an American film composer, songwriter, and music producer. Born and raised in New York City, he attended the High School of the Performing Arts and received his BFA from NYU. Puckett lives in Los Angeles, California.
Songwriting and Music Production
Matthew Puckett has written and produced for artists such as Rogue Wave, The Mowgli's, Kris Allen, Abraham Mateo, Jai Waetford, Royal Tongues, Grace Weber, Clementine and The Galaxy, Danny Fingers, Lynhurst, Mama Casio, Jenna Andrews,, BEGINNERS, Nikki Webster, The Unlikely Candidates, Adrianne Gonzalez and Kyler England (The Rescues / Universal Republic). Puckett wrote the ASCAP Award Winning theme song "Skyline" for NY MED on ABC and as well as "Everything I Want" for the Peabody Award-winning ABC show Boston Med. He signed a publishing deal with SONGS Music Publishing in 2014.
Matthew Puckett wrote the score for the films Caught (Lifetime Network) starring Anna Camp, Dial A Prayer (Vertical Entertainment) starring Britney Snow (Pitch Perfect 1 and 2), Brightest Star (dir. Maggie Kiley) (Gravitas/Warner Bros. Ent.) and Boy Meets Girl among others. His songs, themes, and scores have been featured in numerous films and series, most recently: NY Med (ABC Series), After Fall, Winter (Showtime), She Wants Me, 2BR/2BA (Lionsgate), Best Friends Forever (Dir. Brea Grant), Particles of Truth (75 Films), Hooking Up (ABC), Lisa Williams Show (Lifetime), and Crazy Sexy Cancer (TLC).
Additional film and television credits include: theme and score for Gravity (Starz), Being Human (Syfy) which featured Puckett's cover version of The Psychedelic Furs "The Ghost In You"), the score and end title song for Some Boys Don't Leave (Winner of Best Short at the 2010 Tribeca Film Festival) starring Jesse Eisenberg, score and songs for Particles Of Truth (75 Films, Sundance Channel), Colin Fitz (IFC / Official Selection Sundance), Never Again (Focus Features), Starved (FX) and Make It or Break It (Disney). His music was also featured in the ABC show Hopkins, in which he is credited for the theme song, "So Much To Say" and other music and songs for the series.
Puckett has also written the original music for the collection of short Off Broadway plays entitled New Works: Chance, the theme for the documentary "Jackie" and television commercials for KIA, Coke and Verizon among others.
- Burned Like Wood (1998) as Puckett
- 23 (2002) as Puckett
- Matthew Puckett - Sad Little Car (2004)
- Matthew Puckett - Five Dreams Of Being (2005)
- Matthew Puckett - The Goodbye EP (2008)
- Some Boys Don't Leave - Music From And Inspired By The Film (2009)
- Andreas Stone (2009)
- Lynhurst - "One of These Days" (2009)
- Cathy Heller - "Turn the Sunshine On" (2010)
- Matthew Puckett - Red Flowers (2010)
- After Fall Winter - Soundtrack (2013)
- Matthew Puckett - All Our Hands In The Air (2013)
- Brightest Star - Soundtrack (2013)
- Mama Casio - "Shut the Lights Up - feat. BEGINNERS" (2014)
- Danny Fingers and The Thumbs - "Cinelife" (2014)
- The 3am - "Come Over" (2015)
- Abraham Mateo - "Body Language" (2015)
- The Silent War - "Just A Little Rain" (2015)
- Royal Tongues - "Rollin' On" (2015)
- The Wealthy West - "That Silver Line" (2016)
- Rogue Wave - "California Bride" (2016)