Matthew Randazzo V
|Matthew Randazzo V|
March 13, 1984 |
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Occupation||Writer and historian|
Matthew Randazzo V (born March 13, 1984) is an American true crime writer and historian originally from New Orleans, Louisiana, who currently lives on the Olympic Peninsula of Washington. Randazzo is of Sicilian-American, Isleño, and Cajun descent. He is the author of 2008's Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit & The Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry, and co-author of 2009's Phoenix Books release Breakshot: A Life in the 21st Century American Mafia with Kenny "Kenji" Gallo, and author of 2010's Mr. New Orleans: The Life of a Big Easy Underworld Legend with gangster Frenchy Brouillette, which claims to be the first book to ever break the code of secrecy in the New Orleans Mafia Family. Breakshot was republished in 2010 by Simon & Schuster imprint PocketBooks.
Film & TV Adaptations
Two of Randazzo's books have been purchased for television and film adaptation. Breakshot: A Life in the 21st Century American Mafia was optioned by producer Henrik Bastin and sold to Fox Broadcasting Company for development as a weekly hour-long dramatic series with Oscar-winner Robert Moresco attached as producer/screenwriter.
- Ring of Hell: The Story of Chris Benoit & The Fall of the Pro Wrestling Industry (Phoenix Books and Audio, 2008) ISBN 1-59777-579-7
- Breakshot: A Life in the 21st Century American Mafia with Kenny "Kenji" Gallo (Phoenix Books and Audio, 2009) ISBN 1-59777-615-7
- Mr. New Orleans: The Life of a Big Easy Underworld Legend with Frenchy Brouillette (Phoenix Books and Audio 2009 / Simon & Schuster 2010) ISBN 1-59777-616-5
- Starred Review of Breakshot at Publishers Weekly
- Review of Breakshot at Money Jungle Safari
- Review of Ring of Hell at Letters On Pages
- Review of Ring of Hell at Money Jungle Safari
- Review of Ring of Hell by Jon Snowden