|Birth name||Matthew Schultz|
June 27, 1966 |
Enid, Oklahoma, United States
|Instruments||Anti Tank Guitar
|Associated acts||Lab Report
|Anti Tank Guitar|
Matthew Schultz (born June 27, 1966, Enid, Oklahoma, United States) is an American musician, multi-media artist, film maker, graphic designer and sculptor. He is best known for his work with Lab Report, Pigface and for scoring music for director, Bernard Rose.
In 1990, Matthew Schultz and Eric Pounder founded the experimental, dark ambient, improvisational, music project Lab Report and were signed to Invisible Records. Schultz was the creator of the A.T.G. or Anti Tank Guitar Schultz used this instrument on the first four Lab Report albums as well as on the first three Pigface albums. Schultz went on as the head of Lab Report and released four more albums with his own record label, Gein. The music style of these projects broadened and became increasingly more multi-media. Schultz finally went solo and released seven more albums under his own name. He also composed musical scores for Hollywood horror director, Bernard Rose. The movies include Ivans Xtc and Snuff-Movie. The forward of the two received a 4 star rating by Roger Ebert 
Schultz is currently the curator and lead historian for the fraternal, hermetic, order of The Division. He has assembled the largest collection of artifacts surrounding this esoteric, brotherhood and is exhibiting them worldwide. His latest music release is entitled Mantras, from his new project The Division."
BA - Visual Arts - University of Illinois at Springfield
MFA - Sculpture - Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
- Blue Lady (2000)
- Subla Kahn Nine One One (2002)
- Foundspaces (2005)
- Loops (2007)
- The Division Mantras (2010)
- Mandalas (2011)
- Militant (2012)
with Lab Report
- Fig X-71 (1991)
- Unhealthy (1993)
- Terminal (1995)
- Excision (1997)
- All Your Little Pieces, Make Me a Whole (1998)
- -Classical -Atmospheres (1999)
- 2000 After Death Live (2000)
- Lean Juicy Pork (1990)
- Gub (1991)
- Welcome to Mexico... Asshole (1991)
- Fook (1992)
- Truth Will Out (1993)
- 70's Rock Must Die (2000)
- Thompson, Dave (1994) The Industrial Revolution, LA CA, Cleopatra Pub, pg. 61, ISBN 0-9636193-0-6.
- Ann Powers (1992-12-21). "Review/Rock; Music of the 1990's Served 60's-Style". New York Times. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "The Music of Matthew Schultz/ Lab Report". Labreport.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Matthew Schultz". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Ebert, Roger (2002-06-28). "ivans xtc. Movie Review & Film Summary (2002) | Roger Ebert". Rogerebert.suntimes.com. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Foster, Adrienne (2010) The History of The Division, San Antonio TX, VOA Pub, Vol. 17, Issue 1, pg. 36.
- BraveWords Website