|Full name||Matthew John Tipton|
|Date of birth||29 June 1980|
|Place of birth||Bangor, Wales|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|2006–2007||→ Macclesfield Town (loan)||33||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He started his career at Oldham Athletic moving up through the Youth ranks and making his debut aged just 17. During this period he also played a handful of games for the Wales Under 21 side. In 2002, he moved on to League Two side Macclesfield Town, where he enjoyed his most prolific spell.
After his time at Bury came to an end he dropped out of the Football league and joined Conference North side Hyde United. A season later moved to local rivals Droylsden. He scored the only goal of the game in Droylsden's 1–0 giant-killing victory over league side Darlington. On 18 July 2009 he returned to Macclesfield Town as trialist and played in the 3–0 pre-season defeat to Middlesbrough F.C.. He signed a one-year deal with Macclesfield on 24 July 2009.
He left the club, along with 10 other players at the end of the 2009–10 season.
He signed for Dundalk of The League of Ireland on 29 July 2010. It was the first time in his career that he had played outside of Britain. He signed for the 2010 campaign. He then made his league debut in the defeat at Sligo Rovers. On 13 September 2010 Tipton scored a hat trick helping Dundalk win 5–1 against league toppers Shamrock Rovers . Ironically it was on the return of Dundalk's former No. 10 Neale Fenn who left club under controversial circumstances. Dundalk fans chanted "I'd rather have a Tipton than a Fenn".
In 2014, He Joined Ballymena United, He had a good 2014/15 season scoring 19 goals.
On 24 March 2016, Tipton having trouble recovering from a knee injury left The Sky Blues, Tipton upon leaving the club stated he was keen on exploring alternative options in football.
As a player With Droylsden
With Ballymena United
As a Manager
With Warrenpoint Town
- Mansfield win the race for Tipton
- Tipton leaves Mansfield for Bury
- Tippy signs one year deal
- "Macclesfield release Jon Brain but make Rooney offer". BBC Sport. 14 May 2010. Retrieved 15 May 2010.
- "Dundalk announce double swoop". Dundalk FC. 29 July 2010. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- "Sligo Rovers 1–0 Dundalk". Dundalk FC. 31 July 2010. Retrieved 1 August 2010.
- "Portadown sign Monaghan United defender Brian Gartland". BBC. 20 January 2011. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- "Portadown striker Matthew Tipton joins Linfield". BBC. 2 May 2012. Retrieved 3 May 2012.