This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Matthew Tuck|
20 January 1980|
Bridgend, South Wales
Matthew "Matt" Tuck (born 20 January 1980) is a Welsh musician. He is the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist in the Welsh metalcore band Bullet for My Valentine. He and the other 3 members of his old band founded Jeff Killed John in 1998, but after bassist Nick Crandle left in 2003, the band was renamed to Bullet for My Valentine. He is also a singer and guitarist in the supergroup AxeWound, which was formed in 2012.
Bullet for My Valentine
Matthew Tuck is the lead singer and rhythm guitarist in the Welsh heavy metal band Bullet for My Valentine. The band formed in 1998 and was originally called Jeff Killed John. After bassist Nick Crandle left, they picked up Jason James as their new bassist and renamed the band Bullet for My Valentine. They have released 6 studio albums and 4 EPs. The band has sold over one million albums in the United States and over 3,000,000 albums worldwide and are the most-successful act in the Kerrang! Awards category of "Best British Band" with three wins.
Tuck is the backing vocalist and rhythm guitarist in the Supergroup AxeWound. He plays alongside Liam Cormier of Cancer Bats, Mike Kingswood of Glamour of the Kill, Joe Copcutt of ZOAX and formerly of Rise to Remain and Jason Bowld of Pitchshifter.
In November 2006, while on tour with As I Lay Dying and Protest the Hero, Tuck suffered from laryngitis, which led to a series of concert cancellations, until early January 2007 when he was able to sing after his recovery period.
On 22 June 2007 it was announced that he needed a tonsillectomy. The band was forced to cancel all of their shows, including their tour as a support band for Metallica. Unable to speak, Tuck wrote that as soon as doctors cleared him he would be in the studio working on the band's next album.
A detailed gear diagram of Matthew Tucks's 2006 Bullet for My Valentine guitar rig is well-documented.
Bullet for My Valentine
- Jeff Killed John (2003)
- "Bullet for My Valentine EP" (2004)
- Hand of Blood (2004)
- The Poison (2005)
- Hand of Blood – Live at Brixton EP (2006)
- Rare Cuts EP (2007)
- Scream Aim Fire (2008)
- Fever (2010)
- Temper Temper (2013)
- Venom (2015)
- Gravity (2018)
- Vultures (2012)
- Kerrang! Radio Spotlight: Bullet For My Valentine. Kerrang! Radio. Planet Radio. Published 8 February 2013. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Rock Titans Bullet For My Valentine to Release New Track 'Temper'". Rock Music Report.
- "BFMV's Matt Tuck and Cancer Bats' Liam Cormier form new band AxeWound". NME. 1 May 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- Wood, Mikael. "BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE". Revolver. Archived from the original on 15 May 2009. Retrieved 22 August 2009.
- "Machine Head Added To Metallica's Wembley Bill". Blabbermouth.net. 27 June 2007. Archived from the original on 9 October 2007. Retrieved 7 November 2007.
- Chris (21 June 2007). "Bullet update". bulletformyvalentine1.com. Archived from the original on 25 November 2007. Retrieved 7 November 2007.
- "Matthew Tuck's 2006 Bullet For My Valentine Guitar Rig". Archived from the original on 2013-11-09. Retrieved 2018-09-15.
- [dead link]
- Bullet for My Valentine’s Matt Tuck Talks Fatherhood. NoiseCreep. Author - Chris Epting. Published 13 October 2011. Retrieved 8 October 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matthew Tuck.|