Matthew W. Milam
|Matthew W. Milam|
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly
from the 1st district
January 8, 2008 – March 1, 2013
Serving with Nelson Albano
|Preceded by||Jeff Van Drew|
|Succeeded by||Robert Andrezeajcak|
|Born||September 18, 1961|
Matthew W. Milam (born September 18, 1961) is an American Democratic Party politician, who served in the New Jersey General Assembly from January 8, 2008, representing the 1st Legislative District until he resigned on March 1, 2013.
A resident of Vineland, New Jersey, Milam served in the Assembly on the Tourism and Gaming Committee (as Vice-Chair), the Environment and Solid Waste Committee and the Transportation, Public Works and Independent Authorities Committee.
Milam is a graduate of Cumberland County College, where he majored in Political Science. He is President of Foundry Service Corporation. Milam has served as chair of the Cumberland County Economic Development Board since 2005.
Each of the 40 districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 1st District for the 2011-2013 Legislative Session were:
- Woods, Don E. "Milam resigns from Assembly seat in First Legislative District", South Jersey Times, February 28, 2013. Accessed March 15, 2013. "In a shakeup in the First Legislative District, Democrat Assemblyman Matt Milam announced tonight that he was resigning. His resignation is effective immediately, he said. He will a replaced on the ticket by Bob Andrzejczak, 26, of Middle Township."
- Staff. "Emotion high over NJ plan to close disability home" Archived 2016-01-13 at the Wayback Machine., WPVI-TV, June 19, 2011. Accessed October 18, 2015. "Assemblyman Matthew Milam, a Democrat from Vineland, said closing it would hurt not just the families of those who work at the center, but also vendors and others in an area with a fragile economy."
- Assemblyman Milam's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed November 8, 2012.
- Legislative Roster 2012-2013 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed November 7, 2012.
- Assemblyman Milam's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms
|This article about a New Jersey politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|