Matthias Gohl is a Swiss musical producer/director/supervisor/composer of film scores and stage productions.
He produced most of Elliot Goldenthal's film scores (starting in 1987 with the score to Pet Semetary) as well others. Two scores that he has produced have won an Oscar: Elliot Goldenthal's Frida and John Corigliano's The Red Violin.
He was nominated for an Emmy in 2005 in the category Outstanding Music Direction for Broadway: The American Musical and for an Grammy in 2008 in the category Best Compilation Soundtrack Album for Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media for Across the Universe (shared with T-Bone Burnett and Elliot Goldenthal).
Gohl also used variations of his first name (like Teese or Tisse) for onscreen credits.
- "Midnight Clear" (in German). Edel Records. 2006. Retrieved 8 January 2009.
Zum Team gehörten auch Matthias Gohl, ebenfalls ein Schweizer, welcher jedoch schon seit 25 Jahren in den USA lebt und dort ein sehr gefragter Produzent und Komponist für Filmmusik ist…
- Teese Gohl at his website. Retrieved 25 July 2008.
- Matthias Gohl - Awards at the Internet Movie Database. Retrieved on 25 July 2008.
- Matthias Gohl at the Internet Movie Database
- Matthias Gohl at Discogs
- Matthias Gohl at SoundtrackCollector
- gohlmclaughlin Official Website of his partnership with Steve McLaughlin.
|This article about a Swiss composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|