Matthias Müller (businessman)
Matthias Müller in 2015
9 June 1953 |
|Alma mater||Munich University of Applied Sciences|
|Occupation||CEO, Volkswagen AG|
Matthias Müller (born 9 June 1953) is a German businessman who has been the chief executive officer (CEO) of Volkswagen AG since 25 September 2015. He had been the CEO of its subsidiary, Porsche, since 2010 and has been Member of the executive board of Porsche Automobil Holding SE since 2010.
Early life and education
Matthias Müller was born on 9 June 1953, in Chemnitz (known from 1953 to 1990 as Karl-Marx-Stadt) in former East Germany. His family escaped to freedom in the west in 1955, and he grew up in Bavaria. After graduating from school in Ingolstadt, Müller started an apprenticeship as a toolmaker at Audi, which he completed in 1977. He subsequently studied computer engineering science at the Munich University of Applied Sciences.
Müller returned to Audi, taking a junior management position in the IT department in 1984. After joining the planning department in 1993, Müller became product manager for the Audi A3; two years later he was given overall responsibility for product management at Audi.
After Martin Winterkorn took over the management of Audi, Müller was appointed coordinator of the Audi and Lamborghini model lines in 2002. In 2007 Winterkorn became boss of the VW Group and appointed Müller as general representative, later making him head of VW's product strategy, in control of all group brands.
- "Matthias Müller: the Porsche boss tipped to be VW's new CEO". Daily Telegraph. 25 September 2015. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
- "Matthias Müller". Porsche. Retrieved 18 October 2012.
- "Matthias Müller New Chairman of the Porsche AG Board of Management". Porsche AG. July 2010. Retrieved 2011-01-10.
- "Porsche Automobil Holding SE Annual Report 2013". p. 20.
- Ruddick, Graham; Farrell, Sean (25 September 2015). "VW scandal: staff suspended as car giant appoints new CEO". The Guardian. Retrieved 25 September 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matthias Müller (businessman).|
|Porsche road car timeline, 1948–1990s — next »|
|Roadster & sports cars||912||912E||924||Boxster (986)|
|911 series||911||911 / 930||911 (964)||911 (993)||911 (996)|
|This German business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|