Matthijs Otterloo while traveling.
Matthijs Richardus Otterloo
1 October 2000
Baarn, The Netherlands
|Known for||Co-owner at Cycleswap B.V.|
|Parent(s)||Maaike Otterloo & Rick Otterloo|
Cycleswap has later been acquired by Spinlister LLC. in 2016 for an undisclosed amount. After that Matthijs resumed his career as a freelance software developer for companies across the globe.
Early life and education
According to a recent Instagram Q&A he's been on "Het Baarnsch Lyceum" a school in Baarn, The Netherlands for 2 years after which he switched schools to "Het Griftland College" a school in Soest, Netherlands.
When Matthijs was 15 years old he joined the Cycleswap team on a part-time basis as a Co-Owner, Cycleswap was launched on June 1, 2015. Cycleswap is a peer to peer bicycle sharing network and has been acquired by Spinlister in 2016 for an undisclosed amount.
In 2017 Matthijs got invited for the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference 2017 on a Scholarship ticket. Algemeen Dagblad described Otterloo as a young software whizzkid. Matthijs was included in "De jonge 100" in 2016 and the "T500" in 2017 and 2018, two lists of young promising entrepreneurs under 25 in The Netherlands.
As of 2018 Matthijs seems to be more focussed on the Instagram market. According to this interview with Entrepreneur he seems to be helping mayor influencers and brands across the globe to extend their reach on Instagram. Besides that Matthijs still seems to be into software development as well, working as a freelance software developer for companies around the world. In a later interview with Thrive Matthijs tells about his life lessons in the past years and advices other entrepreneurs.
- "Nieuwste tak deeleconomie: verhuur je fiets". Nederlandse Omroep Stichting.
- "Amsterdamse fietsverhuurstartup Cycleswap overgenomen door Amerikaaanse Spinlister". Quote Magazine.
- "Software-whizzkid (16) uitgenodigd door Apple". Algemeen Dagblad (in Dutch).
- "Studenten verkopen 'Airbnb voor fietsen' aan Amerikaans bedrijf – Amsterdam". Het Parool (in Dutch).
- "Otterloo interviewed by WNL".
- "Waarom de 16 jarig Matthijs Otterloo bij Apple langs mocht komen". NPO Radio 1. 2017.
- "TNW T500". TNW.
- "Interview TNW T500 for RTL Dutch television". RTL Nieuws.
- "This 17-Year-Old Entrepreneur Is The Go-To Social Media Advisor For Major Brands". Entrepreneur. 10 September 2018. Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- "17 Years Old Teen Entrepreneur Matthijs Otterloo". thriveglobal.com. Retrieved 8 January 2019.