This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Education||Centro Scolastico per l’Industria Artistica, Lugano|
Mattia Bonetti (born 1952) is a Paris-based artist and designer. Bonetti was born in Lugano, Switzerland, and studied textile design at the Centro Scolastico per l’Industria Artistica. Bonetti moved from Switzerland to Paris, where he now lives and work. Prior to designing furniture, Bonetti worked as a stylist and photographer. In 1979 he began designing furniture. All of his work begins as a freehand sketch which is then fabricated. Bonetti has worked with the same fabricators for decades, employing craftsmen to make transform his drawings.
For the booth of Paul Kasmin Gallery at the 2015 edition of TEFAF Maastricht, Bonetti was responsible for the design of the entire display, which also included the wooden floors, upholstered chairs, and tables, and designed wallpaper based on one of his watercolors.
Selected Solo Exhibitions
- 2017: "New Works," David Gill Gallery, London (June, upcoming)
- 2014: "New Works," David Gill Gallery, London
- 2013: "Indoor, Outdoor," Paul Kasmin Gallery, New York
- 2012: "New Works," David Gill Gallery, London
- 2011: Duke & Duke, Los Angeles
- 2010: "New York," Paul Kasmin Gallery, New York
- 2008: "New Works," David Gill Gallery, London
- 2008: Galerie Cat-Berros, Paris
- 2004: "New Works," David Gill Gallery, London
Mattia Bonetti's work is included in the collections of the Le Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris; Musée des Arts Décoratifs, Paris; Seibu Museum, Tokyo; Kunstmuseum, Düsseldorf, Germany; Le Grand Hornu, Belgium; Cooper-Hewitt Museum, New York, the Museum of Carcassonne, among many others.
- Wyma, Chloe, "'I Refuse to Classify': Mattia Bonetti on Blurring Boundaries in Design," ArtInfo, 04/15/13.
- Zara, Janelle, "Artist-Designer Equivocally Launches a New Collection at Paul Kasmin," ArtInfo, 04/03/13.
- Green, Penelope, "Mattia Bonetti's Loud Furniture," The New York Times, 02/17/13.
- 'Lucia Van der Post, Mattia of Importance, Financial Times, June 5, 2012.
- Nicole Swengley, Mattia Bonetti at David Gill, Financial Times, How to Spend It, June 25, 2014.
- Alanna Martinez (March 14, 2015), What the Art World’s Old Money is Buying at Europe’s Most Prestigious Fair The New York Observer.
- "Collection: Mattia Bonetti". Cooper-Hewitt Museum.
|This article about a French artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|