Hellberg performing live with Nationalteatern.
|Birth name||Mattias Hellberg|
|Born||13 June 1973|
|Genres||Rock, garage rock, punk rock, garage punk, blues, blues rock, reggae, progg, soul, blue-eyed soul|
|Instruments||Vocals, guitar, harmonica, bass, flute, percussion, banjo|
|Labels||Silence, Help Records, Gravitation, Fargo Records, Gabel Recordings, Ramblin Records, Playground Music, Devil Duck records, Kning disk|
|Associated acts||Nationalteatern, The Hellacopters, Totta Näslund, Stefan Sundström, The Solution, Thunder Express, Marit Bergman, Nikola Sarcevic, The Soundtrack of Our Lives, Ossler, Marit Bergman, Hederos & Hellberg, Kanezon, Mattias Hellberg & The White Moose, Diamond Dogs, The Healing Hand, Jaqee|
Mattias Hellberg (born 13 June 1973) is a Swedish musician. Hellberg has worked with a variety of Swedish bands and artists in different genres, both as a permanent member and as guest or session member.
Hellbergs career started when his band Nymphet Noodlers was discovered and later produced by Ebbot from The Soundtrack of our Lives. Wayne Kramer of the MC5 once said that the Nymphet Noddlers was one of his favorite bands. Nymphet Noodlers broke up in 1996, but was reunited for a concert at Way out West August 2011. Former Nymphet colleagues Hederos and Hellberg recorded 8 cover songs meant to be a demo to get gigs in bars in 1996. Old friend Niclas Stenholm released the songs on the album M. Hederos M. Hellberg in 2000. Hederos & Hellberg turned out to be a totally unexpected success. Ryan Adams discovered the duo when he was playing his first concert in Gothenburg, and he brought them with him on a European tour as Hederos & Hellberg`s second album, "Together in the darkness" was released in 2001. January 2003 they did a last performance in a sold out Gothenburg Concert House. After Dregen's departure from The Hellacopters Hellberg was drafted as a live member before Robert Dahlqvist joined as a full-time guitarist. Hellberg later worked with Hellacopters front man Nick Royale and Scott Morgan's soul band The Solution and guitarist Robert Dahlqvist solo effort Thunder Express. When the legendary Swedish progg band Nationalteatern reunited in the 1990s Hellberg was brought on board as their new vocalist. He also performed live with the band's former vocalist Totta Näslund as a backup due to Näslund's health problems. In 2000 the band Kanzeon was formed the band release a self-titled album in 2007 with a number of guest vocalists. In 2004 he worked with singer/songwriter Stefan Sundströms album "Fula gubben Hitler" and also went on tour to support the album.
Here is a list of albums Hellberg has written or played music on as a sessions musician or as a full-time member.
- Nymphet Noodlers – Going Abroad (1994)
- Allimony – Bottomless (1999)
- The Hellacopters – Grande Rock (1999)
- Hederos & Hellberg – Hederos & Hellberg (2000)
- Hederos & Hellberg – Together in the Darkness (2001)
- The Hellacopters – Cream of the Crap Vol. 1 (2002)
- Ossler – Den siste som kom ut (2002)
- The Hellacopters – By the Grace of God (2002)
- Marit Bergman – 3.00 am. Serenades (2003)
- Solowork – Mattias Hellberg (2004)
- Stefan Sundström – Fula gubben Hitler (2004)
- The Solution – Communicate! (2004)
- The Soundtrack of Our Lives – Origin Vol. 1 (2005)
- Nationalteatern – Nationalteatern Rockorkester LIVE (2006)
- Nikola Sarcevic – Rock Roll And Flee (2006)
- Thunder Express – Republic Disgrace (2007)
- Jaqee – Nouvelle d'amour (2007)
- Kanzeon – 'Kanzeon (2007)
- Mattias Hellberg & The White Moose – Out of the frying pan, into the woods (2008)
- The Solution – Will Not Be Televised (2008)
- Dunder Tåget – Skaffa ny frisyr (2009)