Map of Samar with Matuguinao highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||1st district of Samar|
|• Mayor||Melissa A. dela Cruz|
|• Vice Mayor||Carmel dela Cruz|
|• Total||172.51 km2 (66.61 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)55|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Electorate||5,281 voters as of 2016|
Matuguinao were named as a municipal district of Gandara in the year 1948 to 1960 and were converted into a municipality in 1965.
Matuguinao or Matugnaw is a word that literally means cold.
Matuguinao is politically subdivided into 20 barangays.
- Barruz (Barangay No. 1)
- Del Rosario
- Mabuligon (Pob.)
- Maduroto (Pob.)
- San Isidro
- Santa Cruz
- San Roque (Mabuhay)
|Population census of Matuguinao|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Water and Sanitation
Water is abundant here in this town, it has cold and hot water source.
Solid Waste Management
Garbage are being collected here manually by a karitilya, it is dumped on its garbage dumpsite right side along provincial road going to Matuguinao and after Barruz.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Province: Samar (Western Samar)". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- "Province of Samar (Western Samar)". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|