|Municipality of Matuguinao|
Map of Samar with Matuguinao highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|District||1st district of Samar|
|Barangays||20 (see Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Aran D. Boller|
|• Vice Mayor||Cleofe D. Belonio|
|• Congressman||Edgar Mary S. Sarmiento|
|• Electorate||5,960 voters (2019)|
|• Total||172.51 km2 (66.61 sq mi)|
|• Density||42/km2 (110/sq mi)|
|• Income class||5th municipal income class|
|• Poverty incidence||60.26% (2015)|
|• Revenue (₱)||55,274,974.40 (2016)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (PST)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)55|
|Climate type||tropical rainforest climate|
Matuguinao were named as a municipal district of Gandara in the year 1948 to 1960 and were converted into a municipality in 1965.
Matuguinao or Matugnaw is a word that literally means cold.
Matuguinao is politically subdivided into 20 barangays.
|Population census of Matuguinao|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
Water and Sanitation
Water is abundant here in this town, it has cold and hot water source.
Solid Waste Management
Garbage are being collected here manually by a karitilya, it is dumped on its garbage dumpsite right side along provincial road going to Matuguinao and after Barruz.
- "Municipality". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 May 2013.
- "Province: Samar (Western Samar)". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "PSA releases the 2015 Municipal and City Level Poverty Estimates". Quezon City, Philippines. Retrieved 12 October 2019.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Censuses of Population (1903–2007). "Region VIII (Eastern Visayas)". Table 1. Population Enumerated in Various Censuses by Province/Highly Urbanized City: 1903 to 2007. NSO.
- "Province of Samar (Western Samar)". Municipality Population Data. Local Water Utilities Administration Research Division. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Eastern Visayas region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|