Matungao, Lanao del Norte
Map of Lanao del Norte with Matungao highlighted
|Region||Northern Mindanao (Region X)|
|Province||Lanao del Norte|
|District||1st district of Lanao del Norte|
|Founded||June 20, 1949|
|• Mayor||Aisha Mangotara-Azis|
|• Vice Mayor||Jaber Maba Azis, M.D.|
|• Total||45.74 km2 (17.66 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||310/km2 (790/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)63|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Electorate||6,742 voters as of 2016|
The word Matungao literally means cold in Maranao language. This municipality is a bastion of peace between Muslims and Christians and an ardent advocate of the Maranao culture. Matungao stages annually the well-loved Maranao courtship dance in the colorful and gliterry Singkil Festival.
Executive Order No. 230, s. 1949, signed on June 20, 1949: "...the barrios of Nunang, Matungao, Matampai, Pasayanon, Pangi, Somiorang, Batangan, Bangco, and Batal, all of the municipal district of Pantao-Ragat, Province of Lanao, are hereby organized into an independent municipal district under the name of Matungao with the seat of government at the barrio of Matungao."
- Bubong Radapan
- Poblacion (Matungao)
- Santa Cruz
|Population census of Matungao|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: LANAO DEL NORTE". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 7 July 2014.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region X (Northern Mindanao)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|This article about a location in Northern Mindanao region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|