|Directed by||Aditya Sarpotdar|
|Produced by||Genelia D'Souza|
|Written by||Kshitij Patwardhan|
|Edited by||Sanjay Sankla|
Mumbai Film Company
|Distributed by||Jio Studios|
Mauli is a 2018 Indian Marathi-language action film directed by Aditya Sarpotdar and Produced by Genelia Deshmukh. Written by Kshitij Patwardhan, the film stars Riteish Deshmukh in the title role along with Saiyami Kher. This movie is not sequel of the 2014 film Lai Bhaari. The film was initially supposed to be released on 21 December 2018 but it was changed to 14 December to avoid clashing with the Shah Rukh Khan starrer Zero.Mauli was declared as superhit despite its limited release of just 500 screens with more than 200% return of investment
Mauli (Riteish Deshmukh) who are twin brothers share the same name. Mauli is brave and courageous, while Inspector Mauli is the opposite. But their life changes when Inspector Mauli gets transferred to a village where there are no laws and the whole village is afraid of Nana (Jitendra Joshi) a powerful goon. After he gets transferred, he falls in love with Renuka (Saiyami Kher) who thinks him as a brave officer. When Inspector Mauli gets beaten, Mauli fights back and gives all the credit to his brother, making him a brave officer in front of the village as no one knows their identity. When Mauli becomes an obstacle for Nana, Nana kills him, and everyone finds out their truth. Inspector Mauli becomes weak without his brother but decides to kill Nana to save the village and take his revenge.
- Riteish Deshmukh as Inspector Mauli Sarjerao Deshmukh (double role)
- Saiyami Kher as Renuka
- Jitendra Joshi Nana Londhe aka Dharamaraj
- Vijay Nikam as Bhanudas Thupe
- Girija Oak as Mauli's mother
- Siddharth Jadhav as Kadaknath
- Genelia D'Souza in song "Dhuvun Taak" (cameo appearance)
The Music Was Composed By Ajay−Atul and Released by Mumbai Film Company. Background score was done by Troy-Arif. Vatsal chevli Assisted in Mixing Background Score and Mixed by Aftab at headroom studio.
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||18 December 2018|
|Label||Mumbai Film Company|
|1.||"Bindhast Houn"||Karthik, Shreya Ghoshal||4:35|
|2.||"Magu Kuna Haat Ra"||Ajay Gogavale||4:43|
|3.||"Dhuvun Taak"||Ajay Gogavale||3:34|
|4.||"Mazi Pandhari Chi Maa"||Ajay Gogavale||7:37|
|5.||"Mauli - Teaser"||1:24|
- "Ritesh Deshmukh on Saiyami Kher in Mauli: She fits the character of a fire brand Marathi mulgi". The Indian Express. 7 May 2018. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- Khandelwal, Khush (29 November 2018). "Mauli trailer out! Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan applaud Riteish Deshmukh's Marathi act". Times Now. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "'हद्दीत राहायचं! दहशतीचं दुसर नाव, धर्मराज उर्फ नाना लोंढे येतोय'". Lok Satta (in Marathi). 28 November 2018. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "'Mauli' trailer: Riteish Deshmukh plays a swaggering police officer". Scroll.in. 8 November 2018. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "Mauli - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Saavn.