Maura (given name)
Maura is a female given name used in English, Spanish, Italian, Greece, Scots Gaelic, and Irish Gaelic. It is an Anglicisation of Máire, the Irish form of Mary. In the U.S., this name peaked in popularity in 1964 as the 469th most popular name for girls born that year, and remained in the top 1000 names until 2007.
People with first name Maura
- Saint Maura, one of the two martyrs Maura and Britta
- Maura Clarke, American nun and missionary
- Maura D. Corrigan, justice of the Michigan Supreme Court
- Maura D'Anna, basketball player
- Maura Davis, American musician
- Maura Hanrahan, Canadian author
- Maura Harty, United States Assistant Secretary of State for the Bureau of Consular Affairs
- Maura Johnston, American music critic and blogger
- Maura Kennedy, musician in American folk-rock duo The Kennedys
- Maura Murphy, Irish author
- Maura Murray, college student who went missing Feb. 9, 2004
- Maura O'Connell, Irish singer
- Maura Tierney (born 1965), American film and television actress
- Maura Tombelli, Italian astronomer
- Maura Viceconte, Italian long-distance runner
- Maura West (born 1972), American actress
- Maura Glee, fictional character in the webcomic Diesel Sweeties
- Maura Isles, a main character of Rizzoli & Isles and the novels by Tess Gerritsen on which the series is based.
- Maura Labingi or Frodo Baggins, a character in The Lord of the Rings
- Maura Pfefferman, née Mort Pfefferman – Jeffrey Tambor's character on Transparent.
- Maura Ellis, Amy Poehler's character in the 2015 film Sisters.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|