Hunter was born in Indian Head, Saskatchewan and graduated from the University of Saskatchewan. Her plays have been performed in theatres across Canada, as well as in the U.S. and Britain. Transit of Venus was performed by the Royal Shakespeare Company and recorded by the BBC. An opera version of Transit of Venus premiered at Manitoba Opera in 2007. Her plays have been published by Scirocco Drama and Nuage Editions and are available through good bookstores and on Amazon. She is a member of the Playwrights Guild of Canada.
- Poor Uncle Ernie in his Covered Cage - 1986
- I Met a Bully on the Hill - co-author 1986
- The Queen of Queen Street - 1987
- Footprints on the Moon - 1988 (nominated for a Governor General's Award)
- Beautiful Lake Winnipeg - 1990
- Transit of Venus - 1992
- Atlantis - 1996 (nominated for a Governor General's Award)
- Vinci - 2002
- Wild Mouth - 2008
- Hunter, Maureen in the Canadian Theatre Encyclopedia.
|This article about a Canadian playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|