Maurelle Island is located in the middle of the Discovery Islands
Maurelle Island is located northeast of Quadra Island, southeast of Sonora Island, and north of Read Island within Electoral Area C of the Strathcona Regional District. The island is separated from the mainland by Calm Channel, from Quadra Island by Okisollo Channel, from Read Island by Whiterock Passage, and from Sonora Island by a narrow strait called Hole in the Wall. The narrow passage between Quadra Island and Antonio Point, the southern tip of Maurelle Island, is known as Surge Narrows. Tidal currents in the narrows average 7.0 knots (3.6 m/s) at maximum flow.
- NOAA Current Predictions 2009
- BC Parks - Surge Narrows Provincial Park
- Walbran, John T. (1909). British Columbia coast names, 1592-1906 : to which are added a few names in adjacent United States territory, their origin and history. Ottawa Government Printing Bureau. p. 326. OCLC 317633225.
- Maurelle Island[permanent dead link], BCGNIS
- Base Map Online Store, TRIM 1:20,000 Digital Base Maps, British Columbia Integrated Land Management Bureau, Base Mapping and Geomatic Services
|This article about a location on the Coast of British Columbia, Canada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|