This article does not cite any sources. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Cass c. 1950
October 12, 1884|
|Died||June 8, 1954
Hollywood, California, U.S.
|Resting place||Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Glendale)|
His slight build, frizzy hair and pince-nez glasses cast him as the "absent minded professor" or eccentric scientist type in many of his films, such as the character who discovers the element kryptonite in Adventures of Superman.
He is best remembered for his role as Professor Newton in the 1954 TV science fiction show Rocky Jones, Space Ranger.
He died of a heart attack at age 69 while the Rocky Jones show was still in production; his Professor Newton character was replaced by a new character, Professor Mayberry.
- Two for Tonight (1935)
- Arbor Day (1936)
- Charlie Chan at the Opera (1936) (Stage Manager -- Mr. Arnold)
- Wife, Doctor and Nurse (1937) - Pompout
- Women of Glamour (1937)
- She Had to Eat (1937)
- Exiled to Shanghai (1937)
- The Jones Family in Big Business (1937)
- The Lone Wolf in Paris (1938)
- Josette (1938)
- The Baroness and the Butler (1938)
- Second Fiddle (1939)
- Sunset Trail (1939)
- Pier 13 (1940)
- Her Lucky Night (1945)
- Paris Underground (1945)
- Once More, My Darling (1949)