Maurice FitzGerald, 16th Knight of Kerry
He was the only surviving son of John FitzGerald, 15th Knight of Kerry and his wife Margaret Deane, daughter of Joseph Deane. In 1741, he succeeded his father as Knight of Kerry. FitzGerald was Judge of the Admiralty Court and in 1761, he entered the Irish House of Commons. He sat for Dingle, the same constituency his father had represented before, until 1776.
On 10 June 1764, he married his cousin Lady Anne FitzMaurice, only daughter of William FitzMaurice, 2nd Earl of Kerry. FitzGerald died childless and was succeeded in his title by his uncle Robert. His nephew Richard Boyle Townsend became heir of his estates.
- "Leigh Rayment - Irish House of Commons 1692-1800". Retrieved 30 May 2009.
- "Public Record Office of Northern Ireland - FitzGerald Papers" (PDF). Retrieved 31 May 2009.
- Burke, John (1847). John Bernhard Burke (ed.). Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry. vol. I. London: Henry Colburn. p. 416.
- Foster, Joseph (1884). The Royal Lineage of Our Noble and Gentle Families Together with Their Paternal Ancestry. London: Hatchards. p. 43.
- "ThePeerage - Maurice FitzGerald, 16th Knight of Kerry". Retrieved 31 May 2009.
|Parliament of Ireland|
Sir William Fownes, 2nd Bt
| Member of Parliament for Dingle
1761 – 1776
With: Robert FitzGerald
|Titles of nobility (Ireland)|
| Knight of Kerry
1741 – 1779