|Date of birth:||February 15, 1983|
|Place of birth:||Daytona Beach, Florida|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||235 lb (107 kg)|
Career highlights and awards
|CFL West All-Star:||2007, 2008|
|Playing stats at|
Maurice Lloyd (February 15, 1983 in Daytona Beach, Florida) is a professional Canadian football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was most recently signed by the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. After spending three seasons with the Roughriders, he signed with the Edmonton Eskimos and spent two seasons with that team. He sat out the 2011 season before re-signing with Saskatchewan. He played college football at UConn.
Lloyd attended the University of Connecticut under coach Randy Edsall. He started at the middle linebacker for the Huskies all four seasons, from 2001 to 2004 and was able to record 18 solo tackles his Sophomore year. His junior year he led his team in tackles with 122 and he finished his senior year with 117 tackles, 12 tackles for losses, three quarterback sacks, and an interception.
In May 2006, Lloyd was picked up as a free agent by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He started in six regular season games and both playoff games at middle linebacker, making his CFL debut in week 13.
In 2007, Lloyd started 16 regular season games, both playoff games, and the 95th Grey Cup game, missing two regular season games due to injury. Lloyd finished the regular season with 69 defensive tackles, four special teams tackles, three quarterback sacks and two interceptions. He was named a West Division All Star for the year.
On September 4, 2008 Lloyd was named the CFL's defensive player of the month and later became a 2008 CFL All-Star.
Lloyd signed with the Edmonton Eskimos on February 16, 2009. After two seasons with the Eskimos, Lloyd was released on March 14, 2011. He was not picked up by a CFL team during the 2011 season.
Lloyd spends his off-season as a high-school teacher in Connecticut. He likes to spend time with his two children and wife.
- http://www.cfl.ca/article/simpson-out-lloyd-in-at-lb-for-roughriders Lloyd in, Simpson out at LB for Roughriders
- NCAA 2002 Final Defensive Statistics
- NationalChamps.net 2003 College Football Preview Connecticut
- UConn Huskies Football "Ryan Krug and Maurice Lloyd Tabbed For National Watch Lists" July 6, 2004
- NFL Draft Scout Mauriece Lloyd statistics
- Rough Riders Profiles Maurice Lloyd
- Jones, Terry (2009-02-17). "Esks' war room drama: Coach comes out battle-tested". Edmonton Sun. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- Annicchiarico, Mario (2009-06-08). "Lloyd stresses team concept". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved 2009-06-08.[dead link]
- Rider transactions
- MoLloyd.com Official Website
- University of Connecticut Athletic page
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Official page