|Date of birth||February 15, 1983|
|Place of birth||Daytona Beach, Florida|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||235 lb (107 kg)|
|*Offseason and/or practice roster member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|CFL West All-Star||2007, 2008|
Maurice Lloyd (February 15, 1983 in Daytona Beach, Florida) is a professional Canadian football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was most recently signed by the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. After spending three seasons with the Roughriders, he signed with the Edmonton Eskimos and spent two seasons with that team. He sat out the 2011 season before re-signing with Saskatchewan. He played college football at UConn.
Lloyd attended the University of Connecticut under coach Randy Edsall. He started at the middle linebacker for the Huskies all four seasons, from 2001 to 2004 and was able to record 18 solo tackles his Sophomore year. His junior year, he led his team in tackles with 122 and he finished his senior year with 117 tackles, 12 tackles for losses, three quarterback sacks, and an interception.
In May 2006, Lloyd was picked up as a free agent by the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He started in six regular season games and both playoff games at middle linebacker, making his CFL debut in week 13.
In 2007, Lloyd started 16 regular season games, both playoff games, and the 95th Grey Cup game, missing two regular season games due to injury. Lloyd finished the regular season with 69 defensive tackles, four special teams tackles, three quarterback sacks and two interceptions. He was named a West Division All Star for the year.
On September 4, 2008 Lloyd was named the CFL's defensive player of the month and later became a 2008 CFL All-Star.
Lloyd signed with the Edmonton Eskimos on February 16, 2009. After two seasons with the Eskimos, Lloyd was released on March 14, 2011. He was not picked up by a CFL team during the 2011 season.
Lloyd spends his off-season as a high school behavioral specialist in Connecticut. He likes to spend time with his three children and wife.
- http://www.cfl.ca/article/simpson-out-lloyd-in-at-lb-for-roughriders Lloyd in, Simpson out at LB for Roughriders
- NCAA 2002 Final Defensive Statistics[permanent dead link]
- NationalChamps.net 2003 College Football Preview Connecticut
- UConn Huskies Football Archived 2005-03-03 at the Wayback Machine. "Ryan Krug and Maurice Lloyd Tabbed For National Watch Lists" July 6, 2004
- NFL Draft Scout Archived 2011-09-30 at the Wayback Machine. Mauriece Lloyd statistics
- Rough Riders Profiles Archived 2008-06-01 at the Wayback Machine. Maurice Lloyd
- Jones, Terry (2009-02-17). "Esks' war room drama: Coach comes out battle-tested". Edmonton Sun. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- Annicchiarico, Mario (2009-06-08). "Lloyd stresses team concept". Edmonton Journal. Retrieved 2009-06-08.[dead link]
- Rider transactions