Maurices store in Tifton, Georgia
|Founder||E. Maurice Labovitz|
Number of locations
|United States, Puerto Rico and Canada|
|Products||Clothing, footwear, jewelry|
|Parent||American Retail Group (1978–2005)|
Ascena Retail Group
Maurices Inc., stylized as maurices, is an American women's clothing retail chain based in Duluth, Minnesota. Founded in 1931 in Duluth, the chain comprises more than 1,000 stores in the U.S. and Canada, primarily located in shopping malls and smaller towns. However, they have started to branch out to larger cities.
The founding Labovitz family sold Maurices to the Brenninkmeijer family's American Retail Group in 1978. The chain currently is owned by Ascena Retail Group, who acquired it from American Retail Group in 2005.
In November 2011, Maurices announced a cooperation with celebrity designer Christopher Straub from the reality television show Project Runway season 6, which aired on Lifetime Network. The products are labeled Christopher Straub for maurices and were released nationwide on Friday, November 25, 2011. Straub also designed a plush puppy as part of the collection to benefit the American Cancer Society. This cooperation is a follow-up to the maurices Main Street Model Search which occurred earlier in 2011 with Straub.
- Could Maurices return to downtown retail scene?
- "In the heart of Duluth". maurices. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "MAURICES THROUGH THE DECADES". www.m.startribune.com. Star Tribune. 15 Aug 2010. Archived from the original on 2010. Retrieved 6 May 2018.
- Dress Barn to Buy Maurices
- Wong, Elaine (2010-12-02). "The Ten Best Employers In Retail". Forbes. Retrieved 17 March 2011.
- "maurices.com homepage"
- "Cooper the Beagle"
- "Maurices Main Street Model Search" Archived March 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|