|Member of the Senate of the Republic|
|Italian Minister of Communications|
July 11, 2001 – April 23, 2005
|Prime Minister||Silvio Berlusconi|
|Preceded by||Salvatore Cardinale|
|Succeeded by||Paolo Gentiloni|
18 June 1956 |
|Political party||Forza Italia
|Italian Social Movement
The People of Freedom
|Spouse(s)||Amina Fiorillo (1980s-present)|
|Residence||Rome, Lazio, Italy|
After a period as Member of the Italian Parliament for the Movimento Sociale Italiano, Gasparri served as an Alleanza Nazionale member. During the course of his career he has served as Minister of Communications (2001 to 2005 in the Berlusconi II Cabinet). It was during his time in this role that he pushed for the law known popularly as the "legge Gasparri". In the XVI legislature he is the president of the senators of The People of Freedom.
Alongside Ignazio La Russa, Gasparri is considered a leader of the AN mainstream faction Destra Protagonista. Gasparri worked as a journalist, becoming editor in chief of the"Secolo d'Italia" - the Movimento Sociale Italiano's daily paper.
Gasparri is against jus soli.
In the wake of Barack Obama's election in November 2008, Gasparri declared on RAI that "with Obama in the White House, perhaps al-Qaeda is happier".  Gasparri was heavily criticized for the declaration by the Italian Democratic Party.
- 1986 - Adolfo Urso: L'età dell'intelligenza, ed. Settimo Sigillo
- 2005 - Fare il futuro, intervista a cura di Lucilla Parlato
- 2007 - Il cuore a destra, ed. Rubbettino
|Italian Minister of Communications
2001 - 2006
Title jointly held
|Member of the Italian Chamber of Deputies
2001 - present
- on YouTube (2008-11-05). Retrieved on 2013-08-24.
- Repubblica.it, ed. (2008-11-05). "Obama, gaffe sprint di Gasparri "Al Qaeda ora forse è più contenta"". Retrieved 2008-11-05.
- Corriere.it, ed. (5/11/2008). ""Obama? Ora Al Qaeda più contenta" Bufera sulle parole di Gasparri". Retrieved 5/11/2008. Check date values in:
- LaStampa, 5/11/2008
|This article about an Italian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|