|Full name||Mauro Alberto Díaz|
|Date of birth||10 March 1991|
|Place of birth||Concepción del Uruguay, Argentina|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Playing position||Attacking midfielder|
|2012–2013||→ Unión Española (loan)||41||(5)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of November 8, 2016.
Díaz joined Major League Soccer side FC Dallas late in 2013, quickly emerging as a talented young playmaker for the club. He scored several goals in the first few weeks of the 2014 season and earned MLS's player of the month for his exploits in March 2014. However, injuries affected him the rest of the season, and he ended up starting only nine matches. In 2015, he started 24 games and scored eight goals with ten assists as Dallas were the runners up for the Supporters' Shield and advanced to the Western Conference Finals. The next year, Díaz helped Dallas win two trophies: the 2016 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and the 2016 Supporters' Shield. However, his 2016 season ended in the penultimate game of the regular season on 16 October when he tore the Achilles tendon on his right leg. He was later named to the 2016 MLS Best XI.
- "Hoping to stay fully healthy, soft-spoken FC Dallas playmaker Mauro Díaz readies for major role in 2015". Retrieved June 28, 2016.
- "FC Dallas Midfielder Mauro Diaz Has Surgery Repair Torn Achilles Tendon". FCDallas.com. FC Dallas. October 19, 2016. Retrieved October 20, 2016.
- "MLS Best XI revealed: Who was the best at each position in 2016?". mlssoccer.com. Major League Soccer. December 5, 2016. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- "2016 US Open Cup: Record-breaking Mauro Diaz ends FC Dallas' title drought, named TheCup.us Player of the Tournament |". Retrieved 2016-10-20.