||The neutrality of this article is disputed. (March 2015)|
Mauro Moretti (born 29 October 1953) is an Italian executive and current CEO and General Manager of Finmeccanica; he has been CEO of Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane and chairman of the Community of European Railway and Infrastructure Companies. He was Mompeo mayor in 2004 and he worked as syndacalist.
Mauro Moretti joined Ferrovie dello Stato a few months after graduating in Electro Technical Engineering at Bologna University. His career continued in FS where, after passing a public examination, he reached an executive position. Since then, he has held numerous positions in various sectors and with various companies of the Group. Moretti has been Vice-Director of the Technologies and System Development Division (December 1991), Director of the Technological Development and Rolling Stock Division (March 1993), Managing Director of Metropolis, the Group company for the management, development of real estate assets (February 1994).
In December 1997 Moretti became the director of "Area Strategica di Affari" (ASA)- Business Strategies, which he managed even after it was transformed into the Infrastructure Division (July 1999). In February 2001 Moretti became a Member of the Board of Directors of Ferrovie dello Stato. In July of the same year, Rete Ferroviaria Italiana was set up and he was appointed Managing Director. During his time in FS he also became a cadre of the trade union CGIL Trasporti, arriving to be its Secretary from 1986 to 1991.
Moretti holds various positions outside Finmeccanica group:
- President of the AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association - ASD - since March 2015
- Honorary Chairman of AIAD, Italian Industries Federation for Aerospace, Defence and Security since 2014 
- President of the FS Foundation since 2013
- Co-Chairman of the Italian Egyptian Business Council from 2012 to 2014
- Chairman of Collegio Ingegneri Ferroviari Italiani (Italian Association of Railway Engineers) since 2004
- Member of Unindustria (Industrialist and Enterprises Association of Rome)
- Member of the European Management Committee of the International Railway Union (UIC) since 2007
- Member of the Board of Confindustria (Italian Confederation of Industry) since October 2006
- Member of the Board of Federtrasporto (National Confederation of transport and services companies) from May 2007 to April 2012
- Member of the Board of Assolombarda (Industrialist and Enterprises Association of Lombardia) from 2007 to 2014
Honours and awards
- Knight of the Order of Merit for Labour: nominated by president of Italy Giorgio Napolitano (2010).
- Moretti has been awarded in Milan by the Financial Company Awards 2008 as the best manager of the year.
- Organigramma CER CER
- Eva Böckle (21 January 2009). "CER: Curriculum of Mauro Moretti". Cer.be. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- Finmeccanica: Board of Directors appoints Mauro Moretti Chief Executive Officer and General Manager
- **AIAD Federation Bodies
- "FS News". Fsnews.it. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "Quirinale.it". Quirinale.it. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "University of Cassino" (in Italian). .ing.unicas.it. Retrieved 24 August 2010.
- "Travel no-stop". Travelnostop.blogspot.com. Retrieved 24 August 2010.