||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Life and work
Hörbiger descends from a famous Austrian family of actors and actresses, all at least for some times members of Austria's National Theatre, the Burgtheater. Her grandfather was Paul Hörbiger, his brother Attila Hörbiger was married to Paula Wessely. Actresses Elisabeth Orth, Christiane Hörbiger and Maresa Hörbiger are her aunts, comedians Cornelius Obonya and Christian Tramitz are cousins. She holds both German and Austrian citizenship.
Hörbiger did not complete college but visited the acting school of Christa Willschrei in Munich. In 1996, she made her on-camera debut in Michael Gutmann's television feature "Nur für eine Nacht".
Mavie had theatre engagements in Hanover and Bochum (Rachel in Sanft und grausam, 2006; Jeannie in Fettes Schwein, 2005; title role in Lulu, 2004; Gilda in Komödie der Verführung, 2002; Santuzza in Freunde II, 2001). From 2006 to 2008 she performs at the Theater Basel, her first role there being "Roxane" in the play Cyrano de Bergerac, followed by "Stella" in A Streetcar Named Desire. Since 2009, she performs regularly at Vienna's Burgtheater. In 2007, she debuted at the prestigious Salzburg Festival, as Hermia in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. In 2013 she returned to Salzburg in a leading role in Nestroy's Lumpazivagabundus, directed by the director of the Burgtheater, Matthias Hartmann. In 2015, Hörbiger claimed two major successes at the Burgtheater, first in Tolstoj's The Power of Darkness, then as Ismene in Antigone by Sophocles.
She worked as an interviewer for VIVA and recorded several audiobooks.
In 2004, she ranked third in the voting for the 100 Sexiest Women In The World held by the German edition of FHM magazine, just behind Britney Spears and Heidi Klum. Mavie has ranked in the top 100 five times (in 2002, 2004, 2005. 2006 and 2008) and is widely considered to be one of the most attractive German women. She has turned down offers to pose nude for the German edition of Playboy magazine.
In December 2006 she married the German Burgtheater actor Michael Maertens. On 26 April 2009 the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter; a son was born in July 2012. The family lives in Switzerland and Austria.
- Nur für eine Nacht (TV)
Director: Michael Gutmann
- Love Scenes from Planet Earth as 'Nina'
- Solo for Clarinet as 'Emmie Weller'
- Sinan Toprak - Der Unbestechliche (TV) as 'Liane Wagner'
- Bundle of Joy as 'Ina'
- Fandango as 'Tina'
- Inspector Rex, episode Full power (S6E1) as Claudia
- Jeans as herself
- Vera Brühne (TV) as 'Stephanie Virno'
- Vier Meerjungfrauen (TV) as 'Merle'
- 100 Pro as 'Vicky'
- Zsa Zsa
Cast: Max Tidof
- Nogo as 'Rosa'
- Schweigen ist Gold (TV) as 'Jenny'
- Auf Herz und Nieren as 'Nicole'
- Tatort - Zartbitterschokolade (TV)
- Napoleon (TV) as 'Marie Louise of Austria'
Cast: Dietmar Mössmer
- The Poet as 'Rita'
- Fremder Freund as 'Nora'
- Shit Happens as 'Silea'
- 7 Dwarves – Men Alone in the Wood as 'Little Red Riding Hood'
- So fühlt sich Liebe an (TV) as 'Alexandra'
- Ring of the Nibelungs (TV) as 'Lena'
- Giacomo Casanova (TV) as 'Bellino (Teresa)'
- Blackout Journey as 'Stella'
- Arme Millionäre (TV) episodes 1 to 4 as 'Lilo Rafael'
- Three Sisters Made in Germany (TV) as 'Guddi'
- Esperanza as 'Natascha'
- Die Ohrfeige (TV) as 'Elisabeth'
- Arme Millionäre (TV) episodes 5 to 12 as 'Lilo Rafael'
- Marmorera as 'Paula Cavegn'
Cast: Anatole Taubmann, Eva Dewaele
- Freunde II as 'Santuzza' in Hanover
- Komödie der Verführung as 'Gilda' in Hanover and Bochum
- Lulu as 'Lulu' in Bochum
- Fettes Schwein as 'Jeannie' in Hanover
- Sanft und grausam as 'Rachel' in Hanover
- Cyrano de Bergerac as 'Roxane' in Basel
- A Streetcar Named Desire as 'Stella' in Basel
- Vor Sonnenuntergang as 'Ottilie Klamroth' in Basel
- A Midsummer Night's Dream as 'Hermia' in Salzburg and Zürich
- The Brothers Lionheart as 'Karl Lionheart' in Basel
- Doubleface oder die Innenseite des Mantels as 'Sylvie' in Basel
- Liebe und Geld as 'Jess' in Basel
- Die Judith von Shimoda as 'Judith' in Vienna
- Lorenzaccio as 'Catarina' in Vienna
- Golden Romy in the category "Most favoured female newcomer 2001"