|Target||GM-CSF receptor alpha chain|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||143.2 kg/mol|
|(what is this?)|
Mavrilimumab is a human monoclonal antibody that inhibits human granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor (GM-CSF-R).
Mavrilimumab has been studied in a phase 1 dose-ranging trial and a phase 2a clinical trial, both sponsored by Medimmune. The phase 2a trial, which studied mavrilimumab doses of up to 100 mg, reported that 55.7% of subjects met the primary endpoint of a ≥1.2 decrease from baseline in disease activity scores at week 12 (vs. only 34.7% of placebo subjects).
As of 2013, two further clinical studies were reported to be underway in rheumatoid arthritis patients to investigate these effects further.
In early 2017 the EARTH EXPLORER 1 phase IIb study was reported to be showing promising results.
- "Statement On A Nonproprietary Name Adopted By The USAN Council: Mavrilimumab" (PDF). American Medical Association.
- Gerd R Burmester; Eugen Feist; Matthew A Sleeman; Bing Wang; Barbara White; Fabio Magrini (1 September 2011). "Mavrilimumab, a human monoclonal antibody targeting GM-CSF receptor-α, in subjects with rheumatoid arthritis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase I, first-in-human study". Ann. Rheum. Dis. 70 (9): 1542–1549. PMC . PMID 21613310. doi:10.1136/ard.2010.146225.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2012-09-28. Retrieved 2011-09-08.
- Gerd R Burmester; Michael E Weinblatt; Iain B McInnes; Duncan Porter; Olga Barbarash; Mykola Vatutin; Istvan Szombati; Ehsanollah Esfandiari; Matthew A Sleeman; Christopher D Kane; Guy Cavet; Bing Wang; Alex Godwood; Fabio Magrini & the EARTH Study Group (2013). "Efficacy and safety of mavrilimumab in subjects with rheumatoid arthritis". Ann Rheum Dis. 72 (9): 1445–1452. PMC . PMID 23234647. doi:10.1136/annrheumdis-2012-202450.
- Manuela Di Franco; Maria Chiara Gerardi; Bruno Lucchino & Fabrizio Conti (12 March 2014). "Mavrilimumab: an evidence based review of its potential in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis". Core Evidence. 9: 41–48. PMC . PMID 24648832. doi:10.2147/CE.S39770.
- Agent that Targets GM-CSF Shows Promise in RA - Novel monoclonal antibody was rapidly effective in mild-to-moderate disease. Feb 2017
|This monoclonal antibody-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This antineoplastic or immunomodulatory drug article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|