|No. of Townships||2|
|Time zone||MST (UTC+6.30)|
The district consists of just two townships, Mawlaik and Paungbyin. In addition to Mawlaik, the major towns are Kindat (Kintat), Kaunggwe, Khawe, Inntaw, Lawtha, Ontha (Ohnthar), Pantha, Paungbyin (Phaung Pyin or Phonpin), Sittaung, Tatkon, and Yuwa. Major transportation is along the Chindwin River. In 2006 the Mawlaik-Kalewa Road was completed.
Mawlaik District is bordered by:
- Hkamti District to the north,
- Tamu District to the west,
- Kale (Kalemyo) District to the south, and
- Shwebo District and Katha District to the east.
- "Information Sheet May 6, 2006" Myanmar Information Committee, Yangoon
- "Lt-Gen Ye Myint inspects transport facilities, physic nut nurseries in Mawlaik, Kalay Districts" The New Light of Myanmar 7 May 2006
- "Myanmar States/Divisions & Townships Overview Map" Myanmar Information Management Unit (MIMU)
- "Mawlaik District, Burma" SatelliteViews.net
- "Chindwin, Upper and Lower". Encyclopædia Britannica. 6 (11th ed.). 1911. p. 232.
|This Mawlaik District location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|