|No. of Townships||2|
|Time zone||UTC+6.30 (MST)|
The district consists of just two townships, Mawlaik and Paungbyin. In addition to Mawlaik, the major towns are Kindat (Kintat), Kaunggwe, Khawe, Inntaw, Lawtha, Ontha (Ohnthar), Pantha, Paungbyin (Phaung Pyin or Phonpin), Sittaung, Tatkon, and Yuwa. Major transportation is along the Chindwin River. In 2006 the Mawlaik-Kalewa Road was completed.
Mawlaik District is bordered by:
- Hkamti District to the north,
- Tamu District to the west,
- Kale (Kalemyo) District to the south, and
- Shwebo District and Katha District to the east.
- "Information Sheet May 6, 2006" Archived July 21, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. Myanmar Information Committee, Yangoon
- "Lt-Gen Ye Myint inspects transport facilities, physic nut nurseries in Mawlaik, Kalay Districts" Archived 2011-07-16 at the Wayback Machine. The New Light of Myanmar 7 May 2006
- "Myanmar States/Divisions & Townships Overview Map" Archived 2010-12-03 at the Wayback Machine. Myanmar Information Management Unit (MIMU)
- "Mawlaik District, Burma" SatelliteViews.net
- "Chindwin, Upper and Lower". Encyclopædia Britannica. 6 (11th ed.). 1911. p. 232.
|This Mawlaik District location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|