Hocane at the launch of "Tera Chehra" song from Sanam Teri Kasam in 2016
|Native name||ماورا حسین|
28 September 1992
Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan
Life and career
Hocane changed the spelling of her family name from "Hussain" to "Hocane" in 7th-grade class to give it a unique spelling.
She performed as a theater artist before working as a VJ at ARY Musik. Hocane performed in Pakistani television serial dramas Aahista Aahista, Ik Tamanna Lahasil Si and Nikhar Gaye Gulab Sare. She made her Hindi film debut in the Indian romance film, Sanam Teri Kasam, opposite Harshvardhan Rane.
She holds a diploma in Law from the University of London.
Hocane once tweeted about the Indian film Phantom, which was banned in Pakistan, and she became the target of a social media harassment campaign. She is active on the social media platform Instagram.
|denotes film / drama that has not released yet|
|2016||Sanam Teri Kasam||Saraswati "Saru" Parthasarthy||bollywood film|
|2018||Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2||TBA||Pakistani film debut|
|2011||Khichari Salsa||A-Plus TV|
|Love Ke Chucker Mein|
|Kountry Luv||A-Plus TV|
|2012||Ik Tamanna Lahasil Si||Nadia||Hum TV|
|Nikhar Gaye Gulab Sare||Sheharyal|
|Mere Hazoor||Express Entertainment|
|Yahan Pyar Nahin Hai||Shumaila||Hum TV|
|Main Gunehgar Nahi||Amaara||ARY Digital|
|2013||Halki Si Khalish||Hum TV|
|Mere Harjai||Maha||ARY Digital|
|2014||Billo Bablu Aur Bhaiyya|
|Aahista Aahista||Haya||Hum TV|
|Meri Wife Ke Liye||ARY Digital|
|Kitni Girhain Baaki Hain||Hum TV|
|2016||Shadi Mubarak||ARY Digital|
|2012||Ghar Aae Mehman||Hum TV|
|2015||Papa Razi||ARY Digital|
- "Mawra Hocane celebrates her birthday with family, friends - Entertainment - Dunya News". Dunya News. Retrieved 2018-04-10.
- Maliha Rehman (22 December 2016). "Why the #UrwaFarhan wedding shouldn't be the new normal". Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- Hassan Choudary (19 October 2015). "Unraveling the mystery: Here's why Mawra and Urwa's surname is 'Hocane'". The Express Tribune.
- "Here's what Indian critics had to say about Mawra Hocane's Bolly debut, Sanam Teri Kasam". DAWN Images. 10 February 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2016.
- Hassan Choudary (5 June 2015). "Not one, not two, Mawra Hocane has signed three Bollywood films!". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 3 October 2015.
- "Mawra Hocane goes back to law school to 'finish what she started'". Images. 17 February 2017. Retrieved 17 February 2017.
- "Shaan calls for a ban on Mawra Hocane for supporting Phantom". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "How Phantom, Faisal Qureshi and Shaan vs Mawra exposed sexism in our midst". DAWN (Blog). Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "It's not just us, the Kapoors love Mawra Hocane too!". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Mawra Hocane joins cast of 'Jawani Phir Nahi Aani 2'". The Express Tribune. 20 October 2017. Retrieved 20 October 2017.
- "Halki Si Khalish Story – Wiki – Details – Information". tv.com.pk. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- http://www.tv.com.pk/tvshow/Billo-Bablu-and-Bhaiya/233/story Billo Bablu and Bhaiya
- http://www.arydigital.tv/main-bushra/ Main Bushra
- "Aahista Aahista Story – Wiki – Details – Information". tv.com.pk. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
- http://www.tv.com.pk/tvshow/Maryam/254/story Maryam (TV series)
- "Shaadi Mubarak Story – Wiki – Details – Information". tv.com.pk. Retrieved 23 November 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mawra Hocane.|
|This article about a Pakistani actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|