Mawson, Australian Capital Territory
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
|Population||2,920 (2011 census)|
|• Density||1,390/km2 (3,600/sq mi)|
|Area||2.1 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
Mawson is next to the suburbs of Phillip, O'Malley, Isaacs, Farrer, Torrens and Pearce. It is bounded by Yamba Drive, Beasley Street and Athlon Drive. The neighbourhood of Swinger Hill on the other side of Ainsworth Street is often associated with Mawson but is in fact part of the suburb of Phillip.
Southlands Centre is a commercial and retail centre located in Mawson. It contains one of Canberra's top 5 restaurants Olive at Mawson, a shopping centre, an incinerated Serbian Club, Southlands Tennis Club, and a branch of the Canberra Raiders Leagues Club trading as  The Mawson Club. Nearby are the Mawson district playing fields, Woden Golf Driving Range and Dyraaba Court Retirement Village. The Mandir Hindu Temple is located in the suburb. Other religious organisations include the Salvation Army Woden Valley Corps, a Seventh-day Adventist church, a New Apostolic Church, and the Australian headquarters for Gideons International.
Mawson has two schools, Mawson Primary School and Canberra Christian School, both located on Ainsworth Street.
Mawson Primary School, established in 1968, had about 300 students in 2014, and 340 in 2015. In 2014 the principal was Amanda Andrews. It is notable for its Mandarin Immersion Program. The Chinese Australian Early Childhood Centre is located in the grounds of the school.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Mawson (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Suburb Name search results". ACT Environment and Sustainable Development. Retrieved 5 February 2014.
- "Police investigate suspicious fire at Serbian Club overnight". Canberra Times. Canberra Times. 28 April 2017.
- ACT Government; Director; Corporate Management; Chief Minister, Treasury and Economic Development (31 January 2017). "Notice regarding social impact assessment for The Mawson Club". www.cmd.act.gov.au.
- "CCTV footage shows armed hold up of Mawson Club in August". Canberra Times. 1 September 2016.
- "Temple web site". Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Locations - New Apostolic Church - Australia District". www.newapostolic.org.au. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Mawson Primary School Home page". www.mawsonps.act.edu.au. 1 January 2003. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "The Gideons International In Australia - Home". www.gideons.org.au. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Henderson, G. A. M.; Matveev, G. (1980). Geology of Canberra, Queanbeyan and Environs (Map). 1:50000.
- Liu, Lijing (10 March 2015). "Mawson Primary School Board Report 2014" (docx). ACT Education and Training Directorate. Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- Education and Training Directoate (9 April 2015). "ACT School Census February 2015" (PDF). Retrieved 10 April 2016.
- "Mission and Values of Canberra Christian School". www.ccs.act.edu.au. Retrieved 10 April 2016.