Max Delbrück Medal
- For the Max Delbruck Prize in Biological Physics see Max Delbruck Prize
The Max Delbrück Medal has been awarded annually since 1992 by the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (German: Max - Delbrück - Centrum für Molekulare Medizin or MDC). Named after the German biophysicist Max Delbrück, it is presented in Berlin to an outstanding scientist on the occasion of the annual "Berlin Lecture on Molecular Medicine", which the MDC organizes together with other Berlin research institutions and Bayer HealthCare. The award recipient usually delivers a lecture after the award.
- 2013: Irving Weissman, Stanford University School of Medicine
- 2012: no award?
- 2011: Hans Schöler, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine, Münster
- 2010: Susan Lindquist, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- 2009: Klaus Rajewsky, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
- 2008: William E. Paul, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Bethesda, Maryland, USA
- 2007: Thomas Tuschl, Rockefeller University in New York, USA
- 2006: Rudolf Jaenisch, Whitehead Institute and Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge/USA
- 2005: Tom Rapoport, Harvard Medical School, Boston/USA
- 2004: Victor J. Dzau, Duke University, Durham (USA)
- 2003: Ronald D. G. McKay, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), Bethesda, USA
- 2002: Roger Tsien, Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) und University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, USA
- 2001: Eric Lander, Whitehead Institute, Cambridge, USA
- 2000: Joan A. Steitz, Yale University, New Haven, USA
- 1999: Paul Berg, Stanford University, USA
- 1998: Svante Pääbo, Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Leipzig, Germany
- 1997: Charles Weissmann, Zürich University, Switzerland
- 1996: Robert Allan Weinberg, Whitehead Institute, Cambridge, USA
- 1995: Jean-Pierre Changeux, Pasteur Institute, Paris
- 1994: Sydney Brenner, Cambridge University, England
- 1993: no award
- 1992: Günter Blobel, Rockefeller University of New York, USA
- "Max Delbrück Medal for US Stem Cell Pioneer Professor Irving Weissman". mdc-berlin.de. Retrieved 29 May 2013.
- "Max Delbrück Medal for Stem Cell Researcher Professor Hans Schöler". mdc-berlin.de. Retrieved 23 October 2011.
- "Professor Susan Lindquist from the Whitehead Institute Receives Max Delbrück Medal in Berlin". mdc-berlin.de. Retrieved 6 November 2010.
- Thomas Tuschl receives Max-Delbrück-Medal
- Barbara Bachtler (November 21, 2002). "Prof. Roger Tsien Honoured with Max Delbrueck Medal" (Web page). Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) Berlin-Buch. Retrieved October 8, 2008.
- This article was translated from the equivalent article on the German Wikipedia