|Full name||Max Duffy|
|Date of birth||11 April 1993|
|Original team(s)||East Fremantle (WAFL)|
|Draft||No. 39, 2012 National Draft, Fremantle|
|Height||184 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||82 kg (181 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2015.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
|Kentucky Wildcats – No. 93|
|High school||Kent Street Senior High School|
|Born:||11 April 1993|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||186 lb (84 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Max Duffy (born 11 April 1993) is an American football punter for the Kentucky Wildcats. He is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the Fremantle Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL).
He mainly played basketball as a junior and only converted to Australian rules football after missing selection in a state squad. He was not selected in the first two AFL drafts that he nominated for, and was working as a tree lopper while playing for East Fremantle in the West Australian Football League (WAFL) when he was recruited with 39th draft pick in the 2012 AFL Draft.
Australian football career
Due to a series of shoulder and hamstring injuries, Duffy spent significant periods of the 2013 and 2014 seasons out of the game. He made his debut for the Fremantle Football Club in round 20, 2014 against Geelong following some good form in the WAFL for Peel. After starting the game as the substitute, he kicked a goal with his first kick in the AFL and kicked a second goal late in the last quarter, however, Fremantle lost by two points.
Duffy was delisted at the conclusion of the 2015 season. He then joined West Perth in the WAFL for the 2016 season. Prior to the 2017 season, however, he announced his retirement from Australian to train to become an American football punter.
American football career
In December 2017, Duffy was signed by the Kentucky Wildcats as a punter. Ray Guy’s ProKicker.com rated him as the top 2018 punting prospect. Duffy earned GPR Analytics National Punter of the Year in 2019 with an NCAA leading 98.30 GPR Punt Rating
- Statistics are correct to the end of the 2015 season
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- "Grassroots: Mzungu & Duffy return to Kent St". Retrieved 10 July 2015.
- Schmook, Nathan (27 November 2012). "Draftee a forward prospect?".
- Rynne, Nick (7 August 2014). "Duffy named for Freo clash with Cats". The West Australian.
- Ryan, Peter (9 August 2014). "Five talking points: Geelong v Fremantle".
- "Duffield and Crowley to depart". FremantleFC.com.au. Bigpond. 8 October 2015. Retrieved 8 October 2015.
- "Ex-Docker eyes off second career in the NFL". The West Australian. 4 February 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- Smith, Jennifer (1 February 2018). "A capsicum conundrum? It's one of many complications for new Kentucky punter". Lexington Herald-Leader. Lexington, Kentucky. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "GPR Analytics". Gpr2018. Retrieved 19 January 2020.
- "Max Duffy". AFL Tables. Retrieved 1 August 2016.