George in 2012
|Birth name||Maximillian Albert George|
|Born||6 September 1988|
Maximillian Albert George (born 6 September 1988) is an English singer, songwriter and actor from Manchester, England, known for being a former member of boy band, The Wanted. In 2013, George starred in the E! channel reality series The Wanted Life.
George started his career as a footballer, playing for Preston North End. After an injury ended his football career, he decided to pursue a music career. George made his singing debut with the band Avenue. After the group disbanded in 2009, George joined the newly formed band, The Wanted. In 2014, following The Wanted's success in the United States, he landed his first acting role in the sixth series of the American television series Glee in the role of Clint, the leader of "Vocal Adrenaline".
Avenue and The X Factor
George joined the four-piece boy band Avenue in 2005. After applying to The X Factor in 2006, the band auditioned for the third series of the competition singing an a cappella version of the Will Young song, "Leave Right Now". They were mentored by Louis Walsh after completing the bootcamp and judges' house portion. Making it to the final 12, the band then signed a management contract with the series. After it was discovered they were already under contract with another management firm, they were disqualified from the show. Following the disqualification, they were signed to the Crown Music Management recording label and were awarded an album deal with Island Records.
In 2008, Avenue released their debut single, "Last Goodbye" and George appeared naked on the magazine cover of AXM. The single peaked when charting at number 50 on the UK Singles Chart and their plans to go on tour were cancelled. The group disbanded in 2009.
In 2009, a mass audition was held by Jayne Collins to form a boy band, after successfully launching Parade and The Saturdays. George auditioned and was selected as one of five members, along with Nathan Sykes, Siva Kaneswaran, Tom Parker and Jay McGuiness out of the thousands of others who auditioned. The band was formed and together they worked on their debut album before finding a perfect name for their band, The Wanted. Their debut album "All Time Low" was released on 25 July 2010, debuted at number one on the UK Singles Chart. Their second single, "Heart Vacancy" was released on 17 October 2010. The song hit number two on the UK Singles Chart, and at number 18 in Ireland. Their third single, "Lose My Mind" was released on 26 December 2010. The song peaked number 19 on the UK Singles Chart, and peaked at number 30 in Ireland. In 2011, the single was released in Germany and in 2012, in the United States. In 2013, in support of a crossover appeal to the American music market, the group starred in their own reality series on E!. The series, The Wanted Life only aired for one season.
The band announced their decision to break in January 2014.
In January 2014, George revealed in an interview that he was signed as a solo artist by Scooter Braun. On July 3, 2018, he released his first solo single "Barcelona". The song has more than 4.5 million streams on Spotify. On May 24, 2019 he released his second single "Better On Me".
In June 2013, George was named as the new face and spokesmodel for Buffalo denim's fall line. He starred in the campaign opposite Sports illustrated swimsuit model, Hannah Davis. In November 2013, he did an underwear campaign for Buffalo again.
George is signed with Creative Artists Agency since 2013. In June 2014, George revealed his decision to enroll in elocution classes, to help improve his pursuit of an acting career. In September 2014, it was confirmed that he had joined the cast of Glee in the role of Clint, after Mark Salling shared a photo of him on Twitter hanging out with Max on the set of the final season of the US comedy drama. He made his first on screen appearance on 9 January 2015.
On 2 February 2015, it was announced that George had joined the cast of Bear Grylls' TV survival series titled Bear Grylls: Mission Survive. The show is about eight celebrities pushed to the limit by Grylls. The team will be making their dangerous journey through the jungle, where they will be competing for 12-day survival mission.
George was engaged to Coronation Street and Our Girl actress Michelle Keegan after meeting her at one of his concerts in December 2010. They split up in 2012. In 2013, he began dating Sports Illustrated model Nina Agdal. They broke up in February 2014. In October 2014, he confirmed being in a relationship with Miss Oklahoma contestant Carrie Baker.
|2013||Chasing the Saturdays||Himself||Guest role; #DeepFriedSats|
|The Wanted Life||7 episodes|
|Bear Grylls: Mission Survive||Himself||2 episodes|
|"Better On Me"||2019|
|"Til I Met You"|
- Garibaldi, Christina (31 May 2013). "'The Wanted Life' Is 'Not for My Mom's Eyes,' Max George Shares". www.mtv.com.
- Evans, Denise (4 February 2015). "Watch: Max George stars in Glee". Manchester Evening News. United Kingdom: manchestereveningnews.co.uk. Trinity Mirror. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "The Wanted closer to breaking America". theboltonnews.co.uk. 29 August 2013. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Avenue boy band kicked off Simon Cowell's British "The X Factor" show". realitytvworld.com. 16 September 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2006.
- Balls, David (15 September 2014). "Boyband Avenue announce split". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 3 April 2009.
- Rovi, Andrew Leahey (23 September 2014). "The Wanted". billboard.com.
- Garibaldi, Christina (6 February 2015). "'The Wanted Life' Is 'Not for My Mom's Eyes,' Max George Shares". www.mtv.com.
- Wyatt, Daisy (25 September 2014). "The Wanted split up: Boy band announce break". independent.co.uk. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Citizen, The (21 September 2014). "Nathan Sykes and bandmate Max George sparked The Wanted's split for solo careers". gloucestercitizen.co.uk. Retrieved 26 January 2014.
- "Max George Models Underwear for Buffalo David Bitton @MaxTheWanted". proudprisoners.com. 29 September 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- Shenton, Zoe (21 September 2014). "Max George on The Wanted split: I wasn't dishonest, everything I said the boys already knew". mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- "Max George in elocution classes to improve chances of acting jobs". express.co.uk. 16 September 2014. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Grubbs, Jefferson (16 January 2015). "'Glee' Newbie Clint Is Played By Max George From The Wanted, So He's Basically Perfect To Lead Vocal". www.bustle.com.
- H, Emily (21 September 2014). "Glee Spoilers: The Wanted's Max George CONFIRMED for final season!". unrealitytv.co.uk. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- Heath, Olivia (19 September 2014). "The Wanted's Max George hangs out with Mark Salling on Glee set". reveal.co.uk. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- Campbell, Tina (2 February 2015). "From Max George to Emilia Fox: Bear Grylls Mission Survive celebrity lineup confirmed". Metroaagency=DMG Media. Retrieved 2 February 2015.
- "Michelle Keegan And Max George Have Split Up". mtv.co.uk. 24 September 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2012.
- Eames, Tom (29 October 2014). "The Wanted's Max George dating Miss Oklahoma contestant". digitalspy.co.uk. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- Hind, Katie (7 November 2014). "Max George moves to Hollywood for GOOD to be with new girlfriend Carrie Baker". mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 7 November 2014.