Max Hell Frog Warrior
|Max Hell Comes to Frogtown|
|Directed by||Donald G. Jackson
|Produced by||Donald G. Jackson
|Written by||Donald G. Jackson
Max Hell Frog Warrior is a 1996 martial arts sci fi cult film written, produced, and directed by Donald G. Jackson and Scott Shaw. This film is the third in the Hell Comes to Frogtown series, following the cult films Hell Comes to Frogtown and Return to Frogtown. Initially developed under the title Toad Warrior, the film gained its current title for its 2002 release. The story was conceived by Donald G. Jackson, creator of the Frogtown franchise. The film stars Scott Shaw, Joe Estevez, Conrad Brooks, and Jill Kelly.
This film follows the lead character, Max Hell, played by Scott Shaw, who goes on a mission to rescue Dr. Trixi T from the clutches of the evil Mickey O'Malley, played by Joe Estevez. According to Donald G. Jackson, Max Hell Frog Warrior is not so much a sequel as it is a standalone film inspired by the original concept for Hell Comes to Frogtown.
This film is considered a Zen Film in that it was created in the distinct style of filmmaking formulated by Scott Shaw known as Zen Filmmaking. In this style of filmmaking no scripts are used; instead a rough plot is outlined including the basic scenes and locations and then the crew and actors improvise the rest, all dialogue and action is spontaneous and entire plot points, scenes and setpieces are formulated on the spot. Shaw and Jackson have claimed the technique offers freedom of creativity allowing for very natural performances from actors and a unique artistic outcome.
- An early cut (under the name Toad Warriors) received an unofficial release from distributors who obtained a master copy of the film.
- A filmmaker-approved version appeared in 2002 under the name Max Hell Frog Warrior.
- A third version, truncated to 30 minutes, was assembled by Scott Shaw and released as Max Hell in Frogtown: A Zen Speed Flick.
- "Max Hell Frog Warrior: The Evolution". Retrieved 2013-08-16.
- Max Hell Frog Warrior Official Website
- Max Hell Frog Warrior on Internet Movie Database
- Toad Warrior on Internet Movie Database
|This 1990s science fiction film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a martial arts film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|