Irons at Toronto International Film Festival 2014
|Born||Maximilian Paul Diarmuid Irons
17 October 1985
Camden, London, United Kingdom
|Nationality||British / Irish|
|Citizenship||British / Irish|
|Alma mater||Guildhall School of Music and Drama|
Maximilian Paul Diarmuid "Max" Irons (born 17 October 1985) is an English-Irish film actor and model. He is known for his roles in The Riot Club (2014), Red Riding Hood (2011), The White Queen and The Host (2013). He is the son of actors Jeremy Irons and Sinéad Cusack.
Irons was born in Camden, London, to Irish actress Sinéad Cusack and English actor Jeremy Irons. He is a grandson of actors Cyril Cusack and Maureen Kiely. His brother is photographer Samuel Irons, and his maternal half-brother is the Irish politician Richard Boyd Barrett.
He attended the Dragon School in Oxford, then Bryanston School in Dorset (from which he was expelled shortly after receiving the under 14 high jump silver medal), and graduated from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 2008. Irons suffered from dyslexia through his school years and his father discouraged him from going into an acting career. While first starting off in acting, Irons worked as a bartender.
In 2011, Irons played the role of Henry in Catherine Hardwicke's Red Riding Hood, with co-stars Amanda Seyfried and Gary Oldman. Max was chosen to play Jared Howe in the 2013 film adaptation of The Host, based on Stephenie Meyer's novel of the same name alongside Saoirse Ronan, Diane Kruger and Jake Abel.
In the 2013 television series The White Queen, Irons took the lead role of Edward IV of England. The series, based on Philippa Gregory's bestselling historical novel series The Cousins' War, was broadcast weekly on BBC One, ending on 18 August 2013. Irons appeared in 2014 film The Riot Club, the film adaptation of Posh.
Irons has modelled for companies including Burberry and Mango. As of 2012, he was on a modelling contract for Macy's I.N.C. collection for Fall/Winter 2012 as reported on 15 August 2012 by The Huffington Post. In 2015, he was named one of GQ's 50 best-dressed British men.
From January 2011 to May 2012, he dated Emily Browning. Since May 2013, he has been dating Sophie Pera.
|2004||Being Julia||Curtain Call Boy|
|2011||Red Riding Hood||Henry|
|2013||The Host||Jared Howe|
|2013||The White Queen||Edward IV|
|2014||The Riot Club||Miles Richards|
|2015||Woman in Gold||Fredrick "Fritz" Altmann|
|2016||The Devil's Harvest||Yuri|
- "Jeremy Irons Biography (1948–)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2012-06-14.
- "Celebrity A-Z: Max Irons". Glamour. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Questions and Answers With 'The Host' Star Max Irons". Next Movie. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- Godwin, Richard (11 March 2011). "Irons man two: Max Irons on his new life as a Hollywood heart-throb". London Evening Standard. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- Births, Marriages & Deaths Index of England & Wales, 1916-2005.; at ancestry.com
- Nicole Berrie (9 February 2011). "Max Factor: Max Irons". Elle. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Max Irons". JeremyIrons.net. Retrieved October 7, 2011.
- Lipworth, Elaine (14 May 2005). "King of all his castles". The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved 9 September 2010.
...their sons Sam, 27, and Max, 19.
- "OD News". The OD 1. Dragon School. 2011. p. 22.
- Gilbert, Gerard (16 June 2013). "Max Irons: 'Work with my father? That's worst my nightmare'". The Independent. Retrieved 21 April 2014.
- "Maximilian Irons". Archived from the original on September 27, 2011. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- "Irons 'scared' about sex scenes". MSN. 16 June 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Max Irons is Hollywood royalty". USA Weekend. 15 August 2013. Retrieved 31 August 2013.
- Sophie Schillaci (26 March 2013). "'The Host' Director Andrew Niccol Recalls the Moment Saoirse Ronan, Max Irons Became Melanie and Jared". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Chris Harvey (16 June 2013). "Max Irons on The White Queen and why he couldn't do another Hollywood teen flick". The Telegraph. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Rhonda Richford (11 April 2013). "MIPTV: 'The White Queen' Star Max Irons Talks Power, Moats and Meeting Prince William". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Max Irons shooting new film Posh in Oxford". Radio Times. 1 July 2013. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "The People Who Really Matter". Tatler.
- Daniel Garofali, Huffington Post. Interview With 'The Host' Actor, Max Irons Launching INC by Macy's (VIDEO), by Daniel Garofali. Posted: 08/15/2012.
- "50 Best Dressed Men in Britain 2015". GQ. 5 Jan 2015.