Jason Nidorf Mutchnick
November 11, 1965
|Occupation||Television producer, writer|
Erik Hyman (m. 2008)
Early life and education
Mutchnick's career in Hollywood started when he began writing for game shows, Good Advice and The Wonder Years. Along with David Kohan, he created Boston Common and Will & Grace. Mutchnick produced and wrote for Good Morning, Miami, and produced Twins and Four Kings, also with Kohan. The title characters of Will & Grace, Will Truman and Grace Adler, are based on Mutchnick and his best friend, Janet. Mutchnick, like Will Truman, is openly gay. He and Kohan have a production company, KoMut Entertainment, which is a combination of their two last names.
On June 7, 2006, Emerson College announced the naming of the Max Mutchnick Campus Center following Mutchnick's donation of a major financial gift. A recreation of the on-set apartment of characters Will Truman and Grace Adler was placed on display in the Emerson College Library until the 2013 completion of Emerson's Los Angeles Campus, where it was relocated. The set was donated by Mutchnick.
- Stated in interview on Inside the Actors Studio
- "Max Mutchnick '87, Co-Creator of Will & Grace and Famed Choreographer Debbie Allen to Deliver Commencement Address". Targeted News Service. April 27, 2013.
- Jones, Wenzel (October 1, 2002). "They control the vertical: two out series creators and a lesbian TV writer take us behind the scenes of their new shows". The Advocate. Retrieved June 3, 2007.
- Rosen, David (July 6, 2006). "Construction of Piano Row Residence Hall is Proceeding on Schedule". emerson.edu. Retrieved June 3, 2007.
- Tempera, Jackie (October 22, 2013). "Will & Grace' set move to LA". Berkeley Beacon. Retrieved April 26, 2016.
- Sipher, Devanl (November 1, 2008). "Vows: Erik Hyman and Max Mutchnick". The New York Times. Retrieved November 2, 2008.
- "Evan Heart Hyman-Mutchnick, Rose Austin Hyman-Mutchnick". Variety.
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|