|Born||Leonid Maksovich Rodovinsky
12 February 1954
Leningrad, Soviet Union
|Spouse(s)||Yana Boyko (m. 2014)|
Leon Max (born Leonid Maksovich Rodovinsky; Russian: Леонид Максович Родовинский; 12 February 1954) is a Russian-American fashion designer and retailer.
Max was born in Leningrad, Soviet Union (now Saint Petersburg), in 1954. His parents were members of the Soviet intelligentsia. He then sought political asylum to Vienna on his way to Israel. He later enrolled at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. He became a naturalized United States citizen in 1986, at which time he legally changed his name to Leon Max.
He founded Max Studio in 1979. An upmarket fashion chain, Max Studio sells through department stores. It also has 46 of its own retail stores in the U.S. and another 50 in the Far East.
In 2005, he purchased Easton Neston in Northamptonshire, England from Lord Hesketh. He converted the 10,000 sq ft of the fire damaged Wren wing of the house, plus the out buildings which were the home of defunct Formula One team Hesketh Racing into a design studio. The interior design was done by Lady Henrietta Spencer-Churchill. In July 2011, a party was thrown at Easton Neston to celebrate the completion of its renovation. It was hosted by Richard Dennen, Mary Charteris and Josephine de La Baume.
- "Русские, скупающие Британию по кускам". 11 March 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2015.
- Charlotte Eagar, The Russian billionaire, his six-foot tall blonde muse and the stately pile he's bought from a hard-up English aristocrat, The Daily Mail, 13 March 2012
- Nina dos Santos, Irene Chapple, Russian tycoon to English country gent: Leon Max and his stately home, CNN, 3 February 2013
- "Sunday Times Rich List 2014 (age 60)". 18 May 2014.
- Leonid Maxovich Rodovinski; The National Archives at Riverside, California, USA; Petitions for Naturalization, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (Los Angeles), 1940-1991.
- Mitchell Owens, Easton Neston Revived, Architectural Digest, May 2012
- University awards honorary degree to fashion designer Leon Max, Northampton Chronicle and Echo, 20 July 2012
- Leon and Yana Max's wedding, Tatler, 14th October 2014
- Yori Yanover, Designer Leon Max Is Buying Up Britain, The Jewish Press, March 11, 2012
- Julia Neel, Leon Max Party, Vogue, 26 July 2011
- Juliet Chung, Candace Jackson, Max Studio Designer Buys Former Madonna Casa, The Wall Street Journal, September 17, 2010