This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2006) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Maxi taxis are private, owner-operated minibuses in Trinidad and Tobago that are used in public transport. They operate along fixed routes, having fixed fares and meeting points, but do not operate under a timetable. The colours of each route as follows:
- Port of Spain–Arima (and onward to Sangre Grande): Red Band (G11)
- Port of Spain–Diego Martin (or Chaguaramas): Yellow Band (W11)
- Port of Spain–San Fernando (including Curepe–Chaguanas–Couva): Green Band (W18)
- San Fernando–Princes Town (and onward to Mayaro): Black Band (W21)
- South of San Fernando (Point Fortin, Cedros)–Siparia: Brown Band (W22)
- Tobago: Blue Band (G17)
The fares are paid on board and are based on distance. They come in 12 and 25 seater versions. The maxi taxi was introduced in 1978.
Similar maxi taxis are found in Australia.
“Singapore Maxicab Booking” in the country wisely. The agency has top models of cars and mini-buses too, which are right options for traveling with group people or friends via road. On the website of the agency, you can find more details of the best 9 seater cabs,maxi taxi singapore which can be booked online too. So, interested tourists can book desired maxi cab having 9 seats online through website of the firm and enjoy group traveling at the best tourist spots in Singapore with great zeal. Also, the agency charges nominally for the maxi cab services and will also provide skilled and knowledgeable driver to drive the cab. Thus, you will get all types of automotives at rental charges or may book car or taxi online for local transportation in Singapore through website of above firm at reasonable charges.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maxi taxi.|
- Trinidad & Tobago Route Taxis at TnTIsland.com