19 January 1989 |
Leningrad, Russian SFSR, USSR
|FIDE rating||2695 (December 2016)|
|Peak rating||2710 (March 2016)|
He won the World under-16 championship in Heraklio, Greece in 2004. Rodshtein won the 2006 Israeli Chess Championship. He won the 25th Andorra International Open (30 June – 8 July 2007) in a three-way tie for first in a field of 101 players. Rodshtein was twice silver medalist in the European Youth Championship.
In 2008, Rodshtein was a member of the Israeli team in the 38th Chess Olympiad in Dresden; he scored 7 points from 9 games, contributing to the team silver medal. In particular, he was responsible for Israel’s win against the Olympic champion, Armenia. A few months later he was offered by Armenia’s No. 1 Levon Aronian to work with him as a second. Rodshtein shared 1st in the 2008 Israeli championship, but didn’t retain the title due to inferior tie-break. In 2010 he took clear first place in the 12th International Open of Sants, Hostafrancs and La Bordeta in Barcelona. In 2011 Rodshtein tied for 4th–10th with Rustam Kasimdzhanov, Gata Kamsky, Rauf Mamedov, Ivan Cheparinov, Denis Khismatullin and Yu Yangyi in the Aeroflot Open in Moscow. In the same tournament in 2012, he tied for 4th–8th with Alexander Khalifman, Hrant Melkumyan, Fabiano Caruana and Dmitry Andreikin. Rodshtein tied for first, finishing third on tiebreak, at the 2013 Cappelle-la-Grande Open. He won the 45th Rilton Cup, which took place from 27 December 2015 to 5 January 2016 in Stockholm, with a score of 8/9 points.
He served in the Israeli Air Force.
- "XXV Open Internacional d'Andorra" (in Spanish). Escacsandorra.com. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- "The Week in Chess 253". Chesscenter.com. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- "The Week in Chess 414". Chesscenter.com. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- 38th Olympiad Dresden 2008 Open Chess-Results
- "Presentation of the players and additional information for the 18th Maccabiah « Boris Avrukh chess Blog". Avrukhboris.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- XII Open Internacional de Sants, Hostafrancs i la Bordeta Grup A Chess-Results
- "Aeroflot open 2011 A March 2011 Russia". FIDE. Retrieved 22 January 2012.
- "Aeroflot Open – Mateusz Bartel comes out on top". ChessBase.com. 2012-02-16. Retrieved 18 February 2012.
- "29th Cappelle-La-Grande Open: Sjugirov edges out pack". ChessBase. 2013-03-04. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- "GM Maxim Rodshtein conquers 45th Rilton Chess Cup". Chessdom. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Interview with Maxim Rodshtein". Chessdom. 2015-10-03. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maxim Rodshtein.|