Hernández at the Florida SuperCon, June 2015
September 12, 1973 |
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
Maximiliano Hernández (born September 12, 1973) is an American actor. He is best known for portraying Agent Jasper Sitwell in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and FBI Agent Chris Amador in the first season of The Americans.
A native of Brooklyn, New York, Hernández began acting in high school. He briefly studied acting at the Leonard Davis Center for Performing Arts and worked as a stage actor before moving to Los Angeles, California.
Early in his career, Hernández appeared in episodes of Law & Order, 24 and Numbers, as well as the film Hotel for Dogs. He had parts in the films Pride and Glory and Warrior, both from director Gavin O'Connor.
Hernández made brief appearances as the Marvel Comics character Jasper Sitwell in 2011's Thor and 2012's The Avengers, as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe franchise. He reprised the role in the Marvel One-Shots short films The Consultant and Item 47, the first season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and the 2014 film Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
In 2013, he appeared in the premiere season of The Americans as Chris Amador, an FBI agent. The project reunited him with Gavin O'Connor, who directed the pilot. Hernández exited the series in the ninth episode. Andy Greenwald of Grantland described Hernández's work in the series as "wonderful [...] making a fringe character both memorable and strangely noble in his limited screen time."
In 2015, Hernández portrayed a corrupt state policeman in the crime action-thriller Sicario.
- 2007 [The Namesake (film)] Ben
|2008||Pride and Glory||Carlos Bragon|
|2009||Hotel for Dogs||Officer Mike|
|2011||Thor||Agent Jasper Sitwell|
|2011||Marvel One-Shot: The Consultant||Agent Jasper Sitwell||Short film|
|2012||Marvel One-Shot: Item 47||Short film|
|2014||Imperial Dreams||Det. Hernandez|
|2014||Captain America: The Winter Soldier||Agent Jasper Sitwell|
|2016||Get a Job||Businessman (Wilheimer Client)|
|1997||Law & Order||Leo Ramos||1 episode|
|1999||Law & Order||Victor Sabo||1 episode|
|2004||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Nunez||1 episode|
|2005||Law & Order||Teofllo||1 episode|
|2006||Law & Order: Trial by Jury||Officer Miguel Montez||1 episode|
|2006||Conviction||Bernard Acosia||1 episode|
|2006||The Nine||Carlos Vega||1 episode|
|2006||Shark||Freddie Hopper||1 episode|
|2007||K-Ville||Billy "K-9" Faust||1 episode|
|2009||24||Donnie Fox||2 episodes|
|2011||The Closer||Raymond Aguirre||1 episode|
|2011–2012||Ringer||Detective Towers||5 episodes|
|2013||The Americans||Chris Amador||9 episodes|
|2013–2014||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Agent Jasper Sitwell||3 episodes|
|2014–present||The Last Ship||Chief Hospital Corpsman "Doc" Rios||Recurring role; 30 episodes|
|2014||The Walking Dead||Bob Lamson||2 episodes|
|2014–2017||Hand of God||Toby Clay||15 episodes|
|2016||Hawaii Five-0||Agent Navarro||1 episode|
|2018||Electric Dreams||Lewis||1 episode|
- Maximiliano Hernandez [@maxitois4real] (7 April 2015). "So, not my birthday today. I'm a Virgo baby!!! 9/12/1973 #imdbme" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Maximiliano Hernandez, Superhero for Latinos". Latin American Herald Tribune. Retrieved March 30, 2013.
- Terrero, Nina (September 24, 2012). ""Item 47" actor Max Hernandez on the role that made him an action hero". NBC Latino. Retrieved March 30, 2013.
- Lesnick, Silas (July 30, 2012). "Jesse Bradford and Maximiliano Hernández Talk Marvel Studios' Item 47". Superherohype. Retrieved March 22, 2014.
- Patten, Dominic (March 21, 2013). "Movie Castings: Seth Rogen Scores 'The Interview', 'Endless Love' Remake Gets Leads & 'Winter Soldier' Sees An Agent Return". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on March 21, 2013. Retrieved March 21, 2013.
- White, Cindy (August 29, 2011). "First Impression: Thor 3D Blu-ray Special Features". IGN. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- "Declassifying Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The Hub". Marvel.com. October 24, 2013. Retrieved October 24, 2013.
- Stone, Abbey (April 4, 2013). "Maximiliano Hernandez On His 'What the F**k?' Moment on 'The Americans'". Hollywood.com. Retrieved March 22, 2014.
- Greenwald, Andy (April 4, 2013). "The Americans Season 1, Episode 9: 'Safe House'". Grantland. Retrieved March 22, 2014.