Urruti in 2015
|Full name||Maximiliano Nicolás Urruti Mussa|
|Date of birth||22 February 1991|
|Place of birth||Rosario, Argentina|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|2005–2011||Newell's Old Boys|
|2011–2013||Newell's Old Boys||57||(12)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23 June 2017.
Urruti started his career in the youth system at Newell's Old Boys in Rosario, Argentina until he was transferred to the senior squad in 2011. Urruti did not see consistent first-team action for the club, particularly after the return of Ignacio Scocco. In late 2012 and early 2013, several clubs including: Palermo, Levante, Valencia, Helsingborgs IF, and Toronto expressed interest in the player. He was officially signed by Toronto FC on 16 August 2013. He made his debut for the club the next day in a 2–0 away defeat to Columbus Crew, when he was a second-half substitute for Robert Earnshaw.
Urruti stayed with Portland through the 2015 season and helped the Timbers win the 2015 MLS Cup. Following the 2015 season, Portland declined Urruti's 2016 contract option and he entered the 2015 MLS Re-Entry Draft. He was selected as the first pick in the draft by FC Dallas.
- MLS Cup (1): 2015
- Western Conference (playoffs): 2015
- Western Conference (regular season): 2013
- "Exclusive: Toronto FC close in on Argentine forward Maximiliano Urruti to be their next DP". 4-2-3-1.com. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 12 September 2013. Retrieved 2013-09-09.
- McCauley, Kevin (7 December 2015). "Goals, screw-ups, stats and more: Everything great from the MLS Cup Final".