Maximos Margunios (b.1549 Candia, Crete - d. 1602, Venice) Bishop of Cerigo (Kythira), was a Greek Renaissance humanist. He was a teacher at the Greek school in Venice and noted Patriarch Cyril Lucaris was among his students, Margunios was a supporter of ecclesiastical Union with Rome and wrote on the theology of the procession of the Holy Spirit. Margunios was also noted for his charitable and moderate views on the Latin Church.
- Three Books Concerning the Procession of the Holy Ghost
- Arguments against the Latins
- Dialogue between a Greek and a Latin
- ^ Kostas Gavroglu, The Sciences in the European Periphery During the Enlightenment, 2001, p.47
- ^ Adrian Fortescue, The Orthodox Eastern Church, 2001, p.249