|Directed by||Carlos Atanes|
|Produced by||Carlos Atanes|
|Written by||Carlos AtanesCarlos Atanes|
|Music by||Marc Álvarez|
|Distributed by||FortKnox Audiovisual|
The end of the world is imminent. A man goes into a parallel dimension, a limbo between reality and fantasy where the normal rules of time and space have ceased to apply. His wife goes to rescue him. Both will be trapped in a strange and cruel world where a ruthless Queen organizes reality as a mad game of chess, a post-apocalyptic dystopia of domination and subjugation where characters can’t eat, speak or move about freely and are periodically viciously attacked.
Maximum Shame is the third feature movie by Carlos Atanes. It can be framed as the previous ones—FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions and Próxima—within the fantasy horror genre. Produced completely independently, like all its author's films, it was supposedly inspired by pornographic 70's films. Thereby recovering the underground, transgressive and weird style that characterized Atanes' early work. Shooting, in English, was developed in Spain over just six days, but one scene was made in the UK with British scream queen Eleanor James. The film was a failure upon release.
Cast and roles include
- BUT Film Festival 2010: nominated for BEST FEATURE MOVIE, Breda, Netherlands.
- Nominated for WEIRDEST PICTURE of 2011 (Weirdcademy Awards)
- Pritchard, Paul "Maximum Shame", Pulpmovies, October 4, 2010.
- Serrano Cueto, José Manuel "Maximum Shame: una partida de ajedrez sado-mental", Pasión por el cine, May 17, 2010.
- Everleth, Mike "Maximum Shame", Bad Lit - The journal of underground film review, June 28, 2010.
- Fernández Fidalgo, Paloma "Carlos Atanes, cine distinto", Al margen, June 15, 2010.
- Eleanor James
- BUT Film Festival 2010
- The 2012 Weirdcademy Awards