SAIC Maxus Automotive Co., Ltd. (Maxus) is a light commercial vehicle manufacturer, a wholly owned subsidiary of SAIC Motor. It was founded in March 2011. Sales to Australia started in 2012 under the original LDV name. Sales also restarted in the UK under the LDV brand.
The first Maxus product, the V80 van, was unveiled at the Auto Shanghai motor show in April 2011. In the same month SAIC signed an agreement appointing the Malaysia-based WestStar group as the official distributor of the V80 for the Asia Pacific region. The inauguration ceremony of the V80 was held in Shanghai on 29 June 2011. The sale of Maxus vehicles in Australasia began in 2012, with distribution by the Australia-based WMC Group. In September 2013 it was announced that Maxus vehicles would be sold in Thailand starting in 2014, as part of a deal between SAIC and SAIC Motor-CP Co.
Maxus's second production model, the G10 MPV, went on sale in China in March 2014.
The current Maxus range comprises the following models:
- Maxus D90 van (2016-present)
- Maxus G10 van (?-present)
- Maxux EG10 electric van (?-present)
- Maxus RV80 recreational vehicle (?-present)
- Maxus T60 pickup (?-present)
- Maxus V80 van (2011-present)
- Maxus EV80 electric van (?-present)
|Calendar year||Sales (China only)|
- "SAIC launched new brand Maxus for vans". China Car Times. 3 March 2011. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- "SAIC plans to sell MAXUS van globally in H2". Reuters. 1 March 2011. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- "V80 Cargo". LDV Vans. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- Lee, Carmen (15 April 2011). "SAIC to bring resurrected MAXUS at Auto Shanghai 2011". Gasgoo. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- "WestStar to distribute SAIC's Maxus van". Business Times. 5 April 2011. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- "SAIC sold over 2m vehicles since start of year, halfway towards fulfilling yearly target". Gasgoo. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 3 July 2011.
- "SAIC Maxus And JAC Trucks: China's Big Carmakers Heading To Australia". The Motor Report. 19 March 2012. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "SAIC to sell Maxus van in Thailand". Bangkok Post. 17 September 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "SAIC to export vans to Thailand". ECNS. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 1 December 2013.
- "Maxus G10 MPV hits the China car market". China Auto Web. 3 March 2014. Retrieved 4 March 2014.
- "Maxus". Left Lane. Retrieved 16 October 2016.
- "LDV brand lives on as vans go on sale across the world". Birmingham Mail. 10 January 2013. Retrieved 3 February 2013.