|Architectural style||Queen Anne|
|NRHP reference #||97000210|
|Added to NRHP||March 8, 1997|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to May-Stringer House.|
The May-Stringer House, home of the Hernando Heritage Museum, is a historic residential building in Brooksville, Florida, United States. It is located at 601 Museum Court. On March 8, 1997, it was added to the National Register of Historic Places. It's also believed to be haunted by the ghost of Jessie May.
May-Stringer Heritage Museum
The May-Stringer Heritage Museum is located at the May-Stringer House. It contains over 10,000 artifacts throughout with items from the American Civil War to the Vietnam War in the War Room. The house also includes the doctor’s office with vintage medical items, kitchen and other living areas with antique household items, and the school room which replicates an old one-room schoolhouse.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "Hernando County listings". Florida's History Through Its Places. Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs. 2007-02-20. Archived from the original on 2007-02-16.
- "May-Stringer Heritage Museum". Florida Heritage Tourism Interactive Catalog. Florida's Office of Cultural and Historical Programs. 2007-02-20.
- Hernando Heritage Museum (official website)
- May-Stringer Heritage Museum. Information from the Florida Heritage Tourism Interactive Catalog on the Florida Department of State website.
|This article about a property in Hernando County, Florida on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Florida museum–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|