May Bukas Pa
|May Bukas Pa|
|Created by||ABS-CBN Corporation|
|Developed by||ABS-CBN Corporation|
|Directed by||Jerome C. Pobocan
Jojo A. Saguin
Precious Lara Quigaman
|Ending theme||"May Bukas Pa" by
Kyle Balili and Erik Santos
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||263|
|Executive producer(s)||Roselle Beeegee-Soldao|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Dreamscape Entertainment Television|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original release||February 2, 2009– February 5, 2010|
May Bukas Pa (lit. There Is Still Tomorrow) is a Philippine drama series which started long-airing from February 2, 2009 to February 5, 2010 for one year. It is the highest-rated show of all time according to Kantar Media Philippines 
- 1 Production
- 2 Plot
- 3 Cast
- 4 Guest Stars By Chapter
- 4.1 Chapter One: Mystery
- 4.2 Chapter Two: Remorse
- 4.3 Chapter Three: Forgiveness
- 4.4 Chapter Four: Memories
- 4.5 Chapter Five: History
- 4.6 Chapter Six: Marriage
- 4.7 Chapter Seven: Magic
- 4.8 Chapter Eight: Wealth
- 4.9 Chapter Nine: Search
- 4.10 Chapter Ten: Values
- 4.11 Chapter Eleven: Fame
- 4.12 Chapter Twelve: Truth
- 4.13 Chapter Thirteen: Love
- 4.14 Chapter Fourteen: Inheritance
- 4.15 Chapter Fifteen: Return
- 4.16 Chapter Sixteen: Hope
- 4.17 Chapter Seventeen: Justice
- 4.18 Chapter Eighteen: Runaway
- 4.19 Chapter Nineteen: Past
- 4.20 Chapter Twenty: Revenge
- 4.21 Chapter Twenty-One: Sacrifice
- 4.22 Chapter Twenty-Two: Rivalry
- 4.23 Chapter Twenty-Three: Epidemic
- 4.24 Chapter Twenty-Four: Pestilence
- 4.25 Chapter Twenty-Five: Home
- 4.26 Chapter Twenty-Six: Care
- 4.27 Chapter Twenty-Seven: Lost
- 4.28 Chapter Twenty-Eight: Choices
- 4.29 Chapter Twenty-Nine: Foster
- 4.30 Chapter Thirty: Greed
- 4.31 Chapter Thirty-One: Family
- 4.32 Chapter Thirty-Two: Trust
- 4.33 Chapter Thirty-Three: Joy
- 4.34 Chapter Thirty-Four: Alone
- 4.35 Chapter Thirty-Five: Father
- 4.36 Chapter Thirty-Six: Temptation
- 4.37 Chapter Thirty-Seven: Believe
- 4.38 Chapter Thirty-Eight: Amen
- 5 Reception
- 6 Theme song
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Santino (Zaijian Jaranilla), an orphan adopted by priests, has a supernatural friend called "Bro"(Jesus). Santíno and Bro have a series of adventures in the fictional town of Bagong Pag-Asa, where they help others with their problems.
- Zaijian Jaranilla as Gabriel "Santino Guillermo" M. Policarpio/Rodrigo - The show's protagonist, he is a naïve and attentive young boy. Longing for the love of his real mother, he finds a friend in the person of "Bro" an unknown supernatural being. Bro gives him healing powers and assists him as he patches up the lives of the people in their town. He is Enrique and Teresa's biological son.
- Albert Martinez as Mayor Enrique D. Rodrigo/Gonzalvo Policarpio - The mayor of Bagong Pag-asa. He is a stereotypical Filipino politician whose lust for wealth and power will drive him to do illegal acts. He never treated Stella as his real daughter; it is later revealed that Enrique is not her biological father. He is unaware that he is Santino's biological father and develops a sense of compassion for the boy. Later on in the story he learns he is adopted, the son of the couple who was killed when Doña Anita was taking over the land they lived on. He finally married Tilde. He was killed by his younger brother Robert after saving Santino's life and backing out of the mayoralty race, but not before informing Santino of his parentage. He was revealed to be Santino's father in the afterlife scene.
- Dina Bonnevie as Malena Rodriguez-Rodrigo/Policarpio - The wife of Enrique. She will do everything to prove her love for her husband. Coming from a wealthy family, Malena envied her sister Selda's intelligence and love for Mario, since she loved him too. This pushed her to commit wrong deeds. Underneath her beauty and glamor is a dark secret that continues to haunt her, she is the only one who knows Santino's biological mother. It was later revealed in a flashback that she accidentally killed Santino's mother. She is initially mistaken to be Santino's mother. She was the only one who can prove that Santino is indeed Enrique's son with Teresa until it was later revealed that Tilde also knows about Malena's hidden secret. She was involved in an accident along with Rico, Malena is forced to get help from Santino causing her to forget her anger against him and accepted him as a friend. Irony takes its place after she and Tilde come face to face at the place where she accidentally killed Teresa. After a fight, Tilde accidentally pushed and killed Malena similarly to the way Malena killed Teresa.
- Precious Lara Quigaman as Criselda "Sélda" Rodriguez-Sta. Maria - The wife of Mario, the mother of Joy, and the younger sister of Malena. She's a policewoman. Santino looks up to her as a mother-figure. Along with her sister Malena, she also came from a rich family but she gave up her lifestyle in order to be with her lover Mario and nearly separated from himafter learning that Stella is his real daughter.
- Tonton Gutierrez as Mario Sta. Maria - A loyal policeman whose terminally-ill daughter Joy was miraculously healed by Santino. He is Sélda's husband, Malena's ex-lover and Stella's real father. He was dismissed from service for alleged insubordination and absence without leave, but resumed with the help of Santino and the townspeople. He nearly separated from Selda. According to several mentions from his superior, his father was also a loyal policeman who was shamefully dismissed for false charges against him, causing him to die as a broken man. Now, he wants to challenge Enrique by running against him in the upcoming mayoral elections.
- Maja Salvador as Stella R. Sta. Maria - The obedient daughter of Enrique and Malena. She treats Santino as her younger brother. It is revealed that her biological father is Mario. She was once the girlfriend of Cocoy. She later leaves her parents for their differences, and moves in with Selda and Mario. Stella went to the US but came back with her grandmother. As she returns to Bagong Pag-asa, her anger towards Cocoy still emerged until she found out the truth and came got back with him. Later in the series, she was kidnapped by prostitute dealers after trying to visit her mother at a beach house. She tried to escape but accidentally lit a fire and caused an explosion. As the Bagong Pag-asa police witnessed, they claimed Stella's dead, 'til it was revealed that she did survive the explosion. Stella hasn't spent a lot of time with her mother returned to Bagong Pag-asa, where the household was currently having Malena's funeral.
- Rayver Cruz as Francisco "Cocoy" Bautista - An orphaned young man who works as an assistant at the monastery. He was previously detained several times for petty crimes. He was in a relationship with Stella, but they both broke up when Stella asked to do so, and further distanced away when Stella was sent to the US. After explaining everything to her, they got back together, with Cocoy applying for a scholarship in a college to prove his worth to Stella. He is part of the college's basketball varsity team.
- Dominic Ochoa as Fr. José - Serving as the cook in the monastery, Santino considers him to be a father-figure. Enrique revealed that Fr. José had a wife and a child who were killed in a car accident years back, and he was blamed for their deaths. Later in the series, after being ashamed in breaking the seal of confession to save Santino, he quit the priesthood. However, this gave him an opportunity to legally adopt Santino. Father Jose formerly worked as a chef (where he later resigned) in a mansion, where Enrique and his brother are hiding their gambling place.
- Desiree del Valle as Clautilde Katerina "Tilde" Magdayo-Rodrigo/Policarpio - The mayor's mistress and his second wife, she is a former prostitute. She helps execute the mayor's orders in threatening Santino and the monks. It was later revealed that she was pregnant with Enrique's son. It was revealed that Tilde also knows that Malena killed her friend Teresa; she used this to threaten Malena so that the latter would separate with Enrique, which would ultimately result in Tilde finally having Enrique back in her hands. During a fight with Malena, she accidentally killed her after pushing her off a hill. Months after Malena's death, Enrique married Tilde, in the midst of an ongoing crisis in Bagong Pag-Asa. She was arrested after authorities solved the case of Malena's death, but escaped after pretending to go into labor. She kidnapped accidentally killed Santino in an attempt to have him heal her colon cancer and save her baby.
- Lito Pimentel as Fr. Gregorio "Ringo" - A monk who left his life of partying and music for the religious life. His true past was revealed when Enrique was uncovering the dirty secrets of the monastery's priests. Father Ringo was an ex-convict for theft, and his calling to the priesthood came when he served as a sacristan during his prison stint. He is called "Ringo" because he is the monastery's bell-ringer.
- Jaime Fabregas as Fr. Anthony - The rigid and chief administrator of the monastery. Underneath his strict demeanor is his love and concern for Santino. An assassin sent by Robert killed Father Anthony and Santino tried to resurrect him but was too late. Santino then had a vision of Christ saying that he will rise again and Fr. Anthony woke up after the vision.
- Uncredited voice actor as "Bro" - Santino's mysterious supernatural friend, who is the supposed source of his healing powers. It is heavily implied that "Bro" is in fact, Jesus Christ.
- Satan - Unlike Bro, he has a reddish white light and a sinister voice. He gave Rico psychic powers in order to prophesied misfortunes in Bagong Pag-Asa and he influenced Santino to leave Bagong Pag-asa, allowing Rico to do evil in that town.
- Charo Santos as Mother Mary - A mysterious, kindly looking old woman in the afterlife scene. Introduced by "Bro" as his Mother.
- Ogie Diaz as Renato "Atong" Arguelles - the flamboyantly gay husband of Baby. Sometimes parodies Philippine broadcaster/TV host Gus Abelgas, specifically his voice.
- Arlene Muhlach as Viviana "Baby" Arguelles - the "Queen Of Gossips", and Malena's best friend. When Baby discovered that Malena's earrings are the same with Santino's, she suspected Malena as being Santino's mother.
- Badjie Mortiz as Fr. Paul Makopa - He is the monastery's gatekeeper. He was also shot by Tatay Ben's men, but was healed by Santino.
- David Chua as Fr. Chino "Chi" Wang - The treasurer of the monastery; whose Chinese-Filipino and was supposed to become a businessman, but eventually chose the priesthood. His sister has sought comfort from him after running away from an arranged marriage with a man she did not love.
- Andre Tiangco as Fr. George - Father "Linis" (Clean), this obsessive-compulsive priest is always seen with a towel draped on one shoulder, and carrying brooms and mops. He leads the priests in keeping the monastery clean.
- Ruben Gonzaga as Fr. Patrick - takes care of the monastery's little farm and garden. His family engages in fishing for a family; he discovered in a visit to his family that his younger brother, Jepoy, was involved in dynamite fishing.
- Edgar Sandalo as Fr. Jude - one of the 12 priests in the monastery, Father Jude is characterized as a grumpy man with a white mustache, beard and hair.
- Timothy Chan as Rico R. Rodrigo/Policarpio - Enrique and Malena's son and half-brother to Stella. He started befriending Santino after seeing the boy's good nature. Rico is not privy to the secret of Santino being his paternal half-brother. After Enrique died, Rico was discovered to possess the power of foresight (mostly tragic events, including Santino's death). This must be the series' antagonist and later good in the end.
- Phebe Khae Arbotante as Joy R. Sta. Maria - Mario and Selda's daughter, and Stella's half-sister/cousin. When she was terminally ill, she was saved by Santino. As one of Santino's closest friends, she became a member of Santino's Angels.
- Victor Basa as Fr. John Delgado - the son of a wealthy haciendero, his father had a lot of dreams for him, but he entered the religious life, estranging him from his father. Later, John and his father reconciled, the latter accepting John's choice.
- Francis Magundayao as Paco - one of Santino's closest friends. He used to beg with his grandmother but she got into an accident and was healed by Santino. He promised to God that he will never do those things again. He also became one of the scholars of the monastery and as Santino's friends became a member of Santino's Angels.
- Miguelito de Guzman as Alfred - He became friends with Santino after running away from home after his parents are about to get a divorce. He's also a member of Santino's Angels.
- Liza Lorena as Doña Anita Rodriguez - Malena and Selda's mother. After living in the US for several years, she returns to the Philippines to pay a visit to the family together with Stella and Robert, her personal assistant. Doña Anita was imprisoned after being formally charged and being proclaimed guilty after being accused for the murder that happened to Bagong Pag-asa 30 years ago. On the day of Malena's burial, she was acquitted on all charges due to lack of evidence.
- Michael Conan as Dante Maoricio - a new Police Officer assigned to Bagong Pag-asa.
- Ron Morales as Robert Sanchez/ Gustavo Policarpio - Doña Anita's personal assistant who practically takes care of all the files Doña Anita has. He has worked for Doña Anita since she lived in the US, he also took care of Doña Anita's case. It is later revealed that he is the younger brother of Mayor Enrique Rodrigo. He shot Enrique.
- Jerry O'Hara as Senior Superintendent Raul Guevarra - the Chief of Police in Bagong Pag-asa.
- Ryan Agoncillo as Paulo Peñaflor - A journalist and CBN News Reporter who went to Bagong Pag-asa after hearing about the news of Rico's encounter with "Bro". He was a former missionary but abandoned the vocation when the chapel that he and his co-missionaries had built was bombed, resulting in the death of his colleagues and the people. He managed to save a baby but it also died even after he thought Jesus would help it out. In his despair, he threw away his cloak and left with the dead baby. It was this event that triggered his loss of faith in Christ.
- Rosalie, Kimberly, and Jennifer - a trio of idle ladies who are described as gossipers. The additional comic relief of the show, the three always rush into the Arguelles' store to gossip, only to end up being hilariously dismissed by Atong, who accompanies their expulsion with shouts of "Layas!".
- Erin Panlilio as Grace - Moy & Jackie's daughter. Grace didn't want to live with her mom because she knows for the fact that Jackie had abandoned them due to her father's lack of money. As part of her wishes, she only wants to be with her father, her grandfather Pilo and their dog, Rocky. Now, she's going to the same school with Santino and his friends (Rico, Joy, Alfred and Paco).
Guest Stars By Chapter
Chapter One: Mystery
Found abandoned as an infant in a cemetery, Santino was adopted by a group of priests in a small town, who all pitch in to raise him as their own.
- Chin-Chin Gutierrez as Narrator (pilot episode)/Teresa Malimban - Santino's biological mother and Enrique's former mistress before Malena. Accidentally killed by Malena. Father Anthony does not believe that she is Santino's real mother because the earring found with the infant Santino did not match Teresa's own pair.
- Cris Daluz as Emong - cemetery groundskeeper.
- Tony Mabesa as Mayor Pio A. Ruiz - former mayor of Bagong Pag-asa
- Liza Lorena as Doña Anita Rodriguez - Malena & Selda's mother.
- Francis Magundayao as Paco - He used to beg with his grandmother.
- Eva Darren as Lola Belen - Paco's grandmother.
Chapter Two: Remorse
Santino was kidnapped by an unknown man in the middle of the night. It was revealed that the man is Olegario Pineda, a criminal who Mario have imprisoned years ago. Mario suspects that Olegario kidnapped Santino to take revenge, however, this is not the real reason. As the two journeys to an unknown location, Olegario tells Santino that he needs him to heal his son who has a brain tumor thus allowing his son to only have a shorter life. Olegario and Santino successfully made it to town of Sta. Maria where Santino could finally heal his son. In these events, Olegario was taken over by the police as they arrive, he was numerously shot by another policeman even though Santino begs that he is a good person. Later, Santino grants his promise to Olegario that he would heal his son.
- John Estrada as Olegario "Oleg" Pineda - a prison escapee who kidnaps Santino in hopes for a miracle to heal his seriously ill son. He later befriends Santino on their way to Oleg's home. He later surrenders himself to the police, but is killed.
- Kimberly Diaz as Olegario's wife. She went to Santino in wish to heal their son, however, the court has forbidden Santino to heal people, suspecting him to be a scam.
Chapter Three: Forgiveness
Meanwhile, after being held in an orphanage, Santino runs away after learning that a couple would want to take him just to make money on his healing abilities. As Santino runs away, he meets Lolo Berting, a rice cake vendor who helped him find his way home. As Santino lives with the old man, Santino slowly learns that Berting has mysteries of his own. His son, Jojo, has despised him for leaving him and his mother alone til his mother died. Santino then makes Berting's son realize that he has to forgive his father because everyone also needs to be forgiven.
- Robert Arevalo as Berting - a rice cake vendor who helped Santino when he was lost after running away from the shelter. His son's estranged from as it caused his mother to die. He comes around his son's house secretly and gives rice cake to his granddaughter, Bea.
- Richard Quan as Jojo - Berting's son, who has forgiven his father after Santino makes him realize that other people also need to be forgiven. He also knows martial arts as he thought that after his father left him. He helped Santino from being taken by Mayor's allies.
- Xyriel Manabat as Bea - Jojo's daughter and Berting's granddaughter.
- Steven Christian Fermo as Young Jojo
- Jeffrey Hidalgo as Young Berting
- Jan Marini Alano as Fely Aragon - Berting's wife
- Tess Antonio - one of the social workers who came to the monastery to take custody of Santino.
Chapter Four: Memories
Julia because of her mom's recent memory loss, causing her entire career, life and love life to be ruined. She feels depressed and tired about problems coming her way. Her life then changes after meeting Santino.
- Claudine Barretto as Julia - a woman who carries bitterness in her heart. Her life will change after she meets miracle boy Santino.
- Boots Anson-Roa as Esmeralda - Julia's mother, an old woman suffering from Alzheimer's disease, causing her to quickly forget memories and sometimes becoming child like again.
- Ryan Ramos as Winston - Julia's ex-boyfriend, he broke up with her because of her concentrating on taking care of her mother.
Chapter Five: History
Mayor spills all the malodorous secrets of the priest in the monastery revealing that Father Ringo was an ex-convict and Father Jose's family are all dead.
- Rodjun Cruz as young Ringo - as a teenager, Ringo was imprisoned for robbing a shop so that he can get money to help cure his ailing mother.
Chapter Six: Marriage
Alfred, one of the students in the Bagong Pag-Asa school, has a family problem because his parents are about to separate. So Alfred moves to the monastery, causing his parents having a hard time looking for him. Thus, Santino helped the couple overcome their problem.
- Kaye Abad as Minerva - Alfred's mother and Peter's wife. She and her husband have been having problems due to family crisis and have been planning to separate, causing their child to run away from home.
- Joross Gamboa as Peter - Alfred's father and Minerva's husband. He and his wife have been having problems due to family crisis and have been planning to separate, causing their child to run away from home.
- Miguelito de Guzman as Alfred - Peter and Minerva's son. He ran away from home after discovering that his parents are separating. He ended up in the monastery where he met Santino.
Chapter Seven: Magic
Santino visits the circus and meets a magician named Ricardo. Ricardo and Santino later became friends revealing that Ricardo has a broken family he longs to see but due to some issues, meeting them is not easy.
- Gabby Concepcion as Ricardo - a magician that Santino met at the circus. Santino later finds out that he is just a lonely man looking for the comfort of his broken family.
- Jobelle Salvador as Kate - the wife of Ricardo who separated with him due to a family crisis
- Jacob Rica as Michael - Ricardo and Kate's second child
- Alexa Ilacad as Michelle - daughter of Ricardo and Kate who died because of leukemia.
- Archie Alemania as Tipoy - Ricardo's friend he works with at the circus.
Chapter Eight: Wealth
Santino and the priests visits Father John's hacienda, where they meet the latter's father, Don Miguel. Don Miguel doesn't welcome his son's priesthood and thinks that John's plans is just silly. He believes that his son becoming a priest is not the way to happiness. He only believes that the only thing that will make his son gain happiness in life is money.
- Dante Rivero as Don Miguel Delgado - father of Brother John. He initially refused Brother John's plan of being a priest because he believed that being rich and wealthy is the best way to happiness, he soon realizes after having a talk to Santino that it is not.
- Nanding Josef as Manding - helper of Don Miguel whom Father John is more closer to, which causes Don Miguel to feel jealous because John treats Manding more as a father.
- Peewee O'hara - as Manding's wife
Chapter Nine: Search
Santino meets a runaway woman named Cheska. She later reveals to Santino that she was searching for her biological mother who from what she knows still lives in Bagong Pag-asa. Her mother was later revealed to be the owner of the strip club of the town, "Heaven's Gate", but unluckily isn't excited to meet her daughter.
- Cristine Reyes as Cheska - a runaway young woman who searches for her real self. After finding out that she was an adopted child, she searched her entire life for her birth Mother.
- Lotlot De Leon as Natty - Cheska's adoptive mother. A woman who never had a chance to get pregnant. She bought Cheska from Ella just after they saved her from committing suicide. Nattie and her husband took care of Ella while she's pregnant and bought the kid after it was born.
- John Arcilla as Eduardo - Nattie's husband and Cheska's adoptive father. He, together with his wife, Nattie, saved Ella from committing suicide. The couple have been trying so hard to have a baby and had the idea of buying the baby from Ella.
- Glenda Garcia as Margie/Ellen - Cheska's biological mother. She's the lead "prostitute" in Heaven's Gate at a young age, but after she got pregnant all of her riches disappeared. After giving up with life, she decided to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge while pregnant. Natty and her husband then saved her from killing herself. They took care of her, and eventually she sold her baby to them.
- Andrea del Rosario as Janet - A woman who searching for her best friend in the town of Bagong Pag-asa. It was later revealed that her friend was Teresa Malimban, a woman connected to the lives of people of Bagong Pag-asa. She found out that her friend has been dead more than 5 years ago and later decided to search for Teresa's son Gabriel (who is Santino).
Chapter Ten: Values
A lone teacher suffers through pain after discovering that her whole life of teaching children will later end due to her age. She's alone and sad as she remembers all of her students, sacrificing her entire life for them and eventually becoming their "second mother", yet, none of them seemed to remember her works for them.
- Susan Roces as Ms. Nieves Antazo - A teacher in Bagong Pag-Asa elementary school, who is being forced to retire because of budget issues. She begs the school to let her stay and doesn't care if she gets paid, all she cares about are her students. She has spent her lifetime taking care of them, which caused her losing most of her loved ones in life.
- Roxanne Guinoo as young Ms. Nieves Antazo - as a young woman, Nieves has sacrificed her whole life for her students. Her life and love life has been destroyed due to her career.
- Toby Alejar as Ms. Nieves Antazo's father
- Mikan Ong as Butsoy - Ms. Antazo's ex-student in her class.
- Zeppi Borommeo as Chris - Ms. Antazo's ex-student in her class.
- Jacq Yu as Eliza - Ms. Antazo's ex-student in her class.
- Chinggoy Alonzo as Mr. Manolo Sandoval - The school's principal. He was the one who told Ms. Antazo that she needs to retire from her work at the school.
Chapter Eleven: Fame
Adela, a former porn star and G.R.O is abusing her son because of her hate and anger towards him. Adela was lucky to be given a starring role in a movie which ended due to her getting pregnant to Boy George her son who suffers from child abuse his mother gives because of his below average IQ, which isn't enough to go into a good college.
- Rosanna Roces as Adela San Jose - Mario's half-sister and is a former pornography actress. After given a serious dramatic role for a movie, she got pregnant causing her whole career to shut down.
- Ejay Falcon as Boy George - Adela's son, a battered teenager from his mother causing her whole career to be ruined. He is also Mario's nephew. Boy George visits Bagong Pag-Asa and at the same time he meets Abby and falls in love with her. Now, Boy George is having troubles on how to court Abby. He returns to Bagong Pag-Asa and later learns that Mario was fired from the police force.
- Janna Dominguez as young Adela San Jose - as a young woman, Adela stars in pornographic movies.
- Jerry O'Hara as Senior Superintendent Raul Guevarra - the Chief of Police in Bagong Pag-asa. Seems to have known (and possibly have worked with) Mario's father, also witnessing his downfall.
Chapter Twelve: Truth
Carla, the daughter of the school principal at Bagong Pag-Asa, is born into a rich and well-educated family. She is the "good and obedient" daughter. She does well in school receiving high grades and is on her way to a good career path or so it seems. Her sister, Judith, is the complete opposite. She is the rebellious daughter. However, Carla gets pregnant causing her dad to turn the wheel and treat her as a disgrace to the family.
- Anne Curtis as Carla- a simple, good daughter who later discovered that she's pregnant.
- Wendy Valdez as Judith - the rebellious daughter who seems to be very emotional. She's been sent to rehab after being caught taking drugs. This makes her father become ashamed of her.
- Evangeline Pascual as Myrna - mother of Carla and Juliet and wife of Manolo.
- Chinggoy Alonzo as Mr. Manolo Sandoval - Carla's father. He likes Carla more than Judith. But then after finding out about Carla's pregnancy, he turned the wheels making Carla a disgrace.
Chapter Thirteen: Love
A woman and a man mysteriously appear in Bagong Pag-Asa and starts to search for their son. Santino knows that his real mother is probably alive and is mistaken as the son of Miriam.
- Lorna Tolentino as Miriam - A woman who searches for her long-lost son named Ogie in Bagong Pag-asa who they believe was kidnapped by their family driver.
- Gardo Versoza as Gary - Miriam's husband. He always guides Miriam in all her searches for Ogie. However, he nearly loses hope in ever finding Ogie again.
Chapter Fourteen: Inheritance
As Santino searches for his real mother, through the way of "lukso ng dugo" (a feeling), he meets a young woman named Abby, who helped him when he was lost. Santino thought that Abby is his mother as he felt a great connection between them, however Abby is too young to be his mother in which she implies. Abby is the granddaughter of the owner "Tocino King". Her grandfather wants her to inherit the business; however, Abby doesn't feel a great perseverance to accept the offer.
- KC Concepcion as Abigail Lorraine "Abby" Cruz - A young woman who will meet Santino. She is the granddaughter of the owner of a food company known as "Tocino King". Abby then studies in the US; her grandfather wants her to inherit the company. Abby has seconds thoughts whether accept the offer or not. Towards the end, she accepts the offer. It is also implied that Boy George has a crush on her.
- Charlie Davao as Don Carlos - Abby's grandfather, other businessmen wanted to buy his company, yet he doesn't want to because he wants his granddaughter to inherit it. However, Abby at first doesn't want to accept it.
- Ejay Falcon as Boy George - Boy George returns for a visit to Bagong Pag-asa. At the same time he met Abby and fell in love with her. Now, Boy George is having troubles on how to court Abby.
Chapter Fifteen: Return
As Miriam and Gary leaves Bagong Pag-asa, they meet Janet while having problems with their car. Miriam and Janet share their stories about the people they have been looking for. Miriam instantly realizes that Janet's story fits with Santino's life story. Meanwhile, Malena and Selda's mother Doña Anita returns to Bagong Pag-asa. She recollects the conflict about Selda marrying a policeman, Anita meeting her granddaughter and the never-ending punishment of harsh words to Malena's husband, Enrique.
- Ron Morales as Robert Sanchez/ Gustavo Policarpio - Doña Anita's personal assistant who looks after all the files Doña Anita has. He has worked for Doña Anita since she's been in the US, he previously took care of Doña Anita's case. It is later revealed that he is the younger brother of Enrique or Gonsalvo Policarpio.
- Lorna Tolentino as Miriam - Miriam and her husband continue their search for their son. They then meet Janet who brings a great miracle in Santino's life.
- Gardo Versoza as Gary - Miriam's husband who continues his search for his son. He, along with his wife, then meets Janet who brings a great miracle in Santino's life.
- Andrea del Rosario as Janet - A woman who's searching for her best friend in the town of Bagong Pag-asa. It was later revealed that her friend was Teresa Malimban, a woman connected to the lives of people in Bagong Pag-asa. She found out that her friend has been dead for 5 years now and later decided to search for Teresa's son (who is Santino).
- Liza Lorena as Doña Anita Rodriguez - Malena & Selda's mother. After living in the United States for several years, she returns to the Philippines to pay a visit to the family together with Stella and her personal assistant, Robert.
Chapter Sixteen: Hope
Santino and Paco are kidnapped by a gang who make little children beg in the streets. They also sell children to couples who are unable to get pregnant. As Santino stays in the gang, he meets Tatay Ben, a lonely old man who's the leader. Meanwhile, Father Paul was shot by one of Father Ben's allies and was taken to the hospital, where his family comes to visit him. Santino finally returns home at the right time to heal Father Paul.
- Johnny Delgado as Tatay Ben - the leader of the gang who kidnaps children to beg on the streets.
- Mark Bautista as Victorio - the father of Angelie (one of the kidnapped children). He soon reunites with his daughter after she escaped from Tatay Ben's household.
- Matet de Leon as Kim - Father Paul's sister. She visited Father Paul as he was admitted in the hospital after being shot by one of Santino's kidnappers.
- Carl John Barrameda as Ryan - a kid who is a member of the gang who kidnaps children. He uses toys as baits to attract the kids. He admitted to Santino that his older brother was killed years before after drowning in the river. Afterwards, he went to Manila and met Tatay Ben. He told Santino that Tatay Ben is a very bad person, and plans to escape along with Santino and the other children.
- Lloyd Zaragoza as Pedro - one of Tatay Ben's workers who is actually a good guy and helps the children when they are in trouble. He also has a crush on a public school teacher named Anna.
- Marvin Yap as Juan - one of Tatay Ben's workers.
- Archie Adamus as Andong - Tatay Ben's right-hand man. His gang entered Bagong Pag-Asa and tries to kidnap Santino and Paco. He was shot by the police after attempting to kidnap another pair of children. He told Father Paul's sister that if he lives, tell him that he's asking for forgiveness.
- Jacob Dionisio as Leopoldo/Leo - one of the children kidnapped to beg in the streets, he's been severely coughing lately.
- Philip Nolasco as Sid/Sidney - one of the kidnapped children and is a child genius.
- Chacha Cañete as Cutie - one of the kidnapped children.
- Tom Olivar - Manila Police Chief who helps Mario and Father Jose to find Santino and Paco who were kidnapped by Tatay Ben's armed men.
Chapter Seventeen: Justice
Pedro and Juan helps the kids escape from Tatay Ben's household. Tatay Ben then gets arrested and Santino told Angelie that he will return to Bagong Pag-asa when the former healed the latter's mother. Santino and Paco return to Bagong Pag-Asa as classes were to resume and they have a Father's Day program. Meanwhile, Mario is fired from the police force due to alleged insubordination and AWOL. Mario later chokes the police chief for insulting the former's dead father, also a former policeman. This results in a huge blow to Mario, whose daughter would have praised him in their Father's Day program. Santino will then urge Enrique to do something for Mario. People held a rally for Mario, whom they regard as a hero. Don Miguel dies despite Fr. John's bringing of Santino to heal him, and as Doña Anita prepares to reconcile with Selda, Stella's parentage is revealed.
- Dante Rivero as Don Miguel Delgado - father of Father John. He initially refused Brother John's plan of being a priest, but with Santino's help, he attended his son's ordination. At this time he was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Though Father John wants Santino to save his life, Don Miguel is ready to die.
- Nanding Josef as Manding - the helper of Don Miguel who gave the news to Father John about his illness. Later was entrusted the whole hacienda.
- Peewee O'Hara - as Manding's wife
Chapter Eighteen: Runaway
Mario is forced to leave his family due to the gossip and shame revealed that Stella is his daughter. Malena's entire family including her mother and husband has persecuted her. Selda's also suffering as she seeks for a sign from God, if she would ever need to forgive Mario for what he has done. Meanwhile, at the middle of the night a big surprise has startled the monastery as Brother Chi's sister seeks for help after being forced to marry a man she doesn't love. Selda forgives Mario and reconciles with her mom, while Alex' father tries to relocate his daughter's wedding in Bagong Pag-asa, despite opposition from the priests.
- Toni Gonzaga as Alex Wang - Brother Chi's sister who runs away during her wedding dress fitting and seeks help from her brother.
- Ricardo Cepeda as Wilson Wang - Alex and Father Chi's rich father. He is a Chinese businessman who forces his daughter to get married just to save their family business
- Mico Palanca as Bong - Alex's ex-boyfriend whom she broke up with after her father have made him leave her.
- Chesca Inigo as Raquel Wang - Alex and Father Chi's mother.
- Kontin Roque as Philip Chua - the man who Alex's father is being forced to her to get married with.
- Michael Conan as Dante Maoricio - a new Police officer assigned to Bagong Pag-Asa.
Chapter Nineteen: Past
Meanwhile, Santino meets a street vagrant who was being bullied by children. Santino, along with his friends, helped the poor woman and took her to Selda's house, where Selda has cleaned her up. However, the vagrant is unable to speak due to a past trauma. Santino takes the vagrant for a stroll in the cemetery where he introduced her to the priests and to "Bro". Santino healed the woman and finally remembers her name as Ina. She dreams about a guy named Andrew, whom she believes is her best friend.
- Maricar Reyes as Ate Ina - a street vagrant whom Santino helped after being bullied by people.
- Jason Abalos as Andrew - Ina's best friend since high school who took care of her after her parents died. He's an aspiring pilot, which signifies the "airplane toy" that Ina always brings with her. He died after trying to protect Ina from a group of bad guys.
Chapter Twenty: Revenge
Doña Anita is having difficulties about the case she's involved in. Because of the matter becoming serious, she swallows her pride and asked Enrique for help. Meanwhile, Doña Anita is accused and imprisoned for murders that happened when her men were evicting people from her land; however, Enrique refuses to help her but instead seeks revenge for the past sins his mother-in-law did to him. Anita suffers a heart attack and is hospitalized. It was later revealed that the couple that was murdered in Sitio Hulo were the parents of Enrique. It's also revealed that Enrique is the one behind the recent accusations to Doña Anita because he wants revenge.
- Jairus Aquino - as Young Enrique/Gonzalvo Policarpio - as a young kid, Enrique lost both of his parents after Doña Anita's men accidentally killed them.
- Bert Martinez as Enrique's father - Albert Martinez's (real-life) father made an appearance on the show.
- Liza Lorena as Doña Anita Rodriguez - Doña Anita was captured and imprisoned after being accused for the murder that happened to Bagong Pag-asa 30 years ago.
- Ron Morales as Robert Sanchez/Gustavo Policarpio - He has worked for Doña Anita since she was in the United States, he also now takes care of Doña Anita's case. It is later revealed that he is the younger brother of Enrique or Gonzalvo Policarpio.
- William Lorenzo as Enrique and Robert's father.
Chapter Twenty-One: Sacrifice
Father Patrick receives a letter regarding his younger brother Jepoy. He finds out that Jepoy have given up his studies to work as a fisherman to earn money for the family. Hence, Father Patrick quickly asking Father Anthony's permission to leave and go back home. Santino with Father Jose and Father Paul joined Father Patrick on his way back to their province which turned out to be a seaside. As they arrive they saw Jepoy about to leave with one of the fishermen in the middle of the night. After learning that the person Jepoy is working with uses dynamite for fishing, Father Patrick stops him as he thinks this too dangerous for a child to handle. Jepoy gets mad at Father Patrick and later starts to explain to him why he needs to earn money.
- Makisig Morales as Jepoy - Father Patrick's younger brother who, unknown from Father Patrick, had given up his studies to start working. He has completely abandoned his childhood unlike other children who always plays, he spends his time working as a fisherman to earn money.
- Jeffrey Santos - as Anton - one of the fishermen who Jepoy works for. Father Patrick learns that he uses dynamite when fishing - which is illegal.
Chapter Twenty-Two: Rivalry
A surprise visit shocks Baby after her sister, Delilah, drops by for a visit. Apparently, she didn't just come by to visit, she is in need of help with her problem, money-wise. Delilah has lost most of her money, and went for Baby for assistance. It turns out that Baby hates her so much, because their father had always liked Delilah over her. As she stays in Baby's place, she's not welcomed by her sister. She's very nice and joyful when meeting people including Santino. Baby got jealous and starts a rumor that she is a witch, where the public easily believed after an unknown illness has struck the townspeople. When they banished her from the area where she was forced to run to the monastery to for help.
- Ai-Ai Delas Alas as Delilah - Baby's half-sister. Between the siblings, she is the most favorite one of their parents. She used to be rich, but because of money issues, she lost all her money. She pays a visit to Baby to find comfort, who is isn't enthused to see her. She was then mistaken by the townspeople as a witch after Baby started the rumor that she is one.
Chapter Twenty-Three: Epidemic
Since the hospital is starting to overflow with patients infected with the West Nile Virus, the doctor facilitating the health center decides to close their doors to other incoming patients. The event further enrages everybody in town, thus causing Mayor Enrique to take immediate action. In order to cure everybody in town, Enrique finally seeks the help of a doctor with expertise on infectious diseases, Dr. Marcelito Azarcon. It turns out that Dr. Azarcon is a previous resident of Bagong Pag-Asa where he met his first love Patricia, however, chose his career over her. As he returns to Bagong Pag-Asa, he met Santino at the church where they had a little chat. Lito told Santino that he doesn't believe in God, he thinks that its only a way to let other people feel calm during problems and science is the way to find that solution. As he help stop the disease, he discovered that Patricia has leukemia after being badly infected by the West Nile Virus. Lito ask Santino for help to heal Patricia, which he granted.
- Christopher de Leon as Dr. Marcelito "Lito" Azarcon  - a doctor who has helped Bagong Pag-asa after a mild illness has struck in the midst of the people. He doesn't have faith in God because he believes that only science and the people's freewill can make their wanted things to happen. It was also later revealed that he had a relationship with Nurse Patricia but broke up with her because he chose his career.
- Ana Capri as Patricia - a nurse in the hospital in Bagong Pag-asa. It was later revealed that she had a relationship with Dr. Azarcon, but apparently broke up because Marcelito chose his job over her. It was also revealed that she has leukemia.
- John Wayne Sace as Arnel - a guy who was trapped in Bagong Pag-asa during the epidemic. He was supposed to go to his mother's funeral.
- Joseph Bitangcol as Bryan - Pam's boyfriend, who is trying to go into Bagong Pag-asa to tend to his pregnant girlfriend, he is with Cocoy. Before he couldn't handle the fact that he was going to be a father and ran away. Now he's ready and is trying to get to Pam.
- Dianne Medina as Pam - Bryan's pregnant girlfriend, who is trapped in Bagong Pag-asa and stayed in the monastery. Pam dreams of getting married at the church in Bagong Pag-asa because her parents got married there
- Benjie Felipe as Arturo - a man that Malena paid to destroy Mayor from the public.
Chapter Twenty-Four: Pestilence
After surpassing the town epidemic, it seems that Bagong Pag-asa is about to face another dilemma. To everybody's surprise, a threatening swarm of locusts suddenly attacks the whole town giving problems to the farmers, an alarming number of cockroaches destroying the town's livestock and a group of wild animals such as rats and snakes scaring the townspeople. It was discovered an active volcano nearby is whats causing the animals to move and wonder about, which apparently has disturbed them. However, the townspeople doesn't seem to believe this and through Malena's plans, they rather believe that Mayor Enrique is a pest in town spreading bad luck for the people.
Meanwhile, Santino is helped by a taho vendor named Moy. He learns more about his new friend Moy through the latter's daughter Grace. The little girl reveals that her father currently has 4 jobs in order to get them through each and everyday. Aside from that, she also shares that her mother had left them before due to her father's lack of wealth. To Grace's surprise, her mother unexpectedly returns. Upon his wife's sudden comeback, Moy is in fact glad; but he just couldn’t help but fear the thought that she might take their child away from him soon.
- Vhong Navarro as Moy - A taho vendor who was struck in the midst of the locust invasion. Since his wife left him, he ended up as a single father who does everything just to take care of his only child, Grace. They have a dog named Rocky.
- Mylene Dizon as Jackie - Moy's wife. She went overseas to find work without even saying goodbye to Moy. Now she comes back richer than before and tries to take Grace away from Moy.
- Erin Panlilio as Grace - Moy and Jackie's daughter. Grace didn't want to live with her mom because she knows for a fact that Jackie has abandoned them due to lack of money. As part of her wishes, she only wants to be with her father, her grandpa Pilo and their dog, Rocky.
- Rocky - a German Shepherd dog owned by Moy and Grace. He has been with the family for quite a long time and has been a part of the family.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Home
Moy is disappointed upon granting the 5 wishes of his daughter Grace. Specially the first one in which she wishes that both of them will always be together for Moy has finally decided to give Grace to Jackie; thinking that the latter could take better care of their child. Another one of Grace's wishes is to be with her grandfather, Pilo, who is in the home for the aged. Pilo was left by his son in the center due to lack of money. After being given to Jackie, Grace thought that she was just kidnapped by her mother without her father knowing, so she ran back to the monastery to go back for Moy. Moy then later explained to Grace everything which she really did not understand. After being returned to Jackie again, Grace runs away for the second time, but this time she went to her grandfather in Manila. Riding on a banana delivery truck, Grace invites Santino to join her. Santino, in worries for Grace came along. The whole monastery and Grace's parents panicked due to the children's disappearance. After looking for them, they figured out that the two maybe in Manila with Pilo. They went to the home for the aged and asked Pilo, but he denied that Grace and Santino were there. The two children are there and Pilo hid them in his room. Pilo worries about Grace being taken away, so he ran away from the facility and took the kids to an old house to hide. However, a tricycle driver mistook Pilo as a pedophile and reported him to the police, where Jackie figured out that the girl being reported is Grace. In the middle of the night, the three were surrounded by the police. Although being surrounded, no one knew that the guy being mistaken as a criminal was Pilo. It was later revealed that it was actually Pilo when Moy and the others arrive at the old house. Pilo refuses to give Grace up to the police even though three snipers have been targeted on him. Jackie decided that she wouldn't take Grace anymore, as long as Pilo would give her up. Pilo gave up the children and although Jackie promised, she still tried to take Grace away, but after a talk with Santino, she decided to leave Grace with Moy, however, to give her a better life, she would help pay for Grace's needs. The family then rejoices as they're finally back together again.
- Dolphy as Pilo - Moy's father whom he never had spoken to in ages. He's in a home for the aged.
- Lou Veloso as Paeng - one of the old people in the home for the aged. He helped Pilo to run away from the home.
- Ramil Rodriguez as Pedring - one of the old people in the home for the aged. He offered his old house as a hiding place for Pilo and the children.
- Nina Dolino - Paeng's daughter
- Martin del Rosario - Pedring's grandson
Chapter Twenty-Six: Care
Santino and the priests in the monastery meet a girl named Sara, who is then accompanying a special child named Val. The young lady introduces the child as her very own son. According to her, she and the boy escaped from her spiteful husband with completely nothing in hand. The very next day, Santino and his friends drop by their household in order to befriend them. To Sara’s surprise, Val seems to be completely receptive of Santino's intention to extend a friendly hand. Meanwhile, the town is planning to have a celebration from all the pestilence that happened. A surprising event happened on a rehearsal, where Val shows a talent of playing the piano. Upon seeing the child's skills, he was considered as a gifted child by the townspeople where everybody was talking about him. As Val's fame rises, his father discovered where Sara and the child are hiding. Val's father surprises everyone on one of the practice sessions of the celebration where he revealed that Sara isn't the child's real mother. She was only a caregiver who took the kid and tells everyone that he's her own son. On Sara's side, she explained that the kid in not being given good care by his father, he was always being scolded for and sometimes being hid from the public by imprisoning him in a room. The father, Carlo, explains that he hates Val because when his wife was giving birth to him, an unexpected problem happened which caused her to die. Carlo later slowly realizes that it is his own fault why the child was driven away from him. As he hears his son play, he remembers his wife who is also a pianist, and through his son's music, he realizes that Val is a remembrance from his wife. After the celebration he promised that he will never be ashamed of his son again and will be proud of him no matter what. He also dropped the charges against Sara.
- Bea Alonzo as Sara - A woman who was taking care of Val, a special child. She presumes that she was Val's mother and she's trying to hide from her husband because she is being abused. It was later revealed that she wasn't really the kid's mother, but the family's caregiver. She kidnapped the kid because his father doesn't take care him. She loves Val too much because she also had an autistic older sister who died after being hit by a jeep.
- Nash Aguas as Joey/Val - The child who was with Sara, which everyone assumed as his mother. He's autistic which makes it very hard for him to communicate with other people, especially kids his own age. On a church celebration, he was revealed to be a gifted child on playing the piano. His mother died after giving birth to him.
- Vice Ganda as Maxie - Sara's gay best friend. He's a Vilmanian and a very joyful person. He went with Sara to help them hide from her husband.
- Ryan Eigenmann as Carlo - Joey/Val's father. He went in Bagong Pag-asa upon knowing that this is where the caregiver he hired took his kid. He hates Val because his wife died after giving birth to him.
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Lost
Malena identifies Tilde to be Enrique's secret girlfriend. Upon realizing this, Malena relentlessly drags the young lady out of the monastery to confront her regarding the matter. Tilde fails to deny the allegation, thus causing Malena to make a big scene in front of everybody. The said revelation further heightens up her hatred towards her husband; and on her personal enumeration of all the troubles Enrique caused her, truth has been told that Enrique is in fact Santino's real father. Meanwhile, fed up with his parents’ constant warring, Rico suddenly decides to run away. Upon learning this, Santino together with three of his other friends decide to chase him and convince him to go back home. Enrique, the priests and the children's families mistakenly believe the kids were kidnapped. The children then succeed on convincing the boy but they faced trouble on their way back to town. Aside from being lost in the middle of nowhere without food and water, Rico ends up being caught in quicksand. On Santino's way to help the poor boy out, he too falls in the trap. Their other friends rescued them, but they haven't returned yet to Bagong Pag-asa. It is also revealed that the place they are in is the hideout of insurgents and criminals. The kids then seek help from someone living in the forests, but it turns out that he is a member of the gang, "Batang Iwahid" (Iwahid Kid). Batang Iwahid is a group of young teenage boys based in the town of San Isidro who rob people and/or kidnap them for ransom. However, they never kill citizens, they are only getting blamed for what the other gangs do. They shoot Enrique while he and the policemen were finding Santino and the other kids; Enrique survives as Santino prays over him while he was with the kidnappers, and the search for the children goes on. Some of the other children were able to be rescued, but Santino was still being held captive. It seems that the rebel group's leader, Froilan, has a special income generating plan for the child. Upon learning this, Enrique hassles the authorities’ search and rescue operation, in order to save their town’s hailed child, and promote his political agenda as well. On the other hand, Malena runs out of town with her son Rico to get Enrique, and her growing love for him, out of her mind once and for all, which immediately infuriates the latter. Santino, however, was then rescued by the police, with Froilan and his men going to jail.
- Bing Pimentel as Lilia - mother of Heide, whom Santino healed first in the town where the gang have brought to make money over his abilities.
- Ronnie Lazaro as Artemio - a man in which the gang seems to know. He's a resident in the place where the gang have brought Santino. He has a plan to save Santino from the gang.
- Pamela Mae F. Juan as Heide - daughter of Lilia
- Igiboy Flores as Randy - a member of the Batang Iwahid gang
- Renzo Cruz as Froilan - leader of another gang together with the Batang Iwahid. He's the brother of the leader of Batang Iwahid.
- EJ Jallorina as Abner - the leader of the Batang Iwahid gang
- Chin-Chin Gutierrez as Teresa Malimban - Malena remembers the day she met Teresa Malimban.
- Kaye Abad as Minerva - After the children's disappearance, Minerva came searching for her son, Alfred.
- Eva Darren as Lola Belen - Noticing that Paco is lost, his grandmother came searching for her grandson.
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Choices
After saving Rico, Malena runs away with the kid after knowing that she still loves Enrique. In Malena's disappearance, Enrique launched his secret plan to build a town casino. The town was divided by the choices of Yes or No on the plan. A kidnapper then called Enrique if he wants his son back. Enrique gave a 1 million ransom money in exchange for his son. Havoc is in the midst, when the farmers refuse to leave their land because of casino being planned to be made. Stampede accidentally happened after one of the farmers was shot. Santino was the most affected by the stampede, where he had a near death experience in the hospital and where he met his mother in Heaven telling him that it is not his time yet because he still needs to find his father. After surviving the stampede. The social workers showed up saying that they need to take Santino away due to the accident. Upon this, Enrique planned to take temporary custody of Santino so that he wouldn't need to leave town. Surprisingly, Malena finds her way back home after she accidentally fell asleep in a delivery truck bound for Atong and Baby’s store; she is very weak so she has to be taken immediately to the hospital. During Enrique’s visit with Rico and Santino, Malena grows inevitably furious. Enraged in anger, she persistently exclaims that Enrique is the one responsible for all her mishaps. Malena sneaks out of the hospital to purposely barge in Enrique’s house; and there she shamelessly blames her husband and his newly adopted son, Santino, for all her mishaps. The next day, Malena unexpectedly bumps into Santino and Rico in the monastery. Immediately, she excitedly approaches her son, but refuses to even come near her; and after she accidentally hurts Santino on the incident, she finally realizes how attached his son has grown towards his undisclosed half-brother. Malena then pays Arturo to kidnap Santino; the latter agrees to do so in order to prevent he and his wife to have their child adopted. However, the wife of Arturo confessed to Father Jose about the situation. Whilst Father Jose told Mario about what could happen, Father Jose broke the seal of confession in exchange for Santino's safety.
- Gerard Pizarras - The kidnapper who took Rico and Malena. He turns out to be working for Robert.
- Jennifer Illustre as Lorena - the wife of the farmer who was fatally shot but survived in a riot over the land where the casino will be built.
- Dindo Arroyo as Gregor Mendez - one of Robert's right hand men.
- Chin-Chin Gutierrez as Teresa Malimban - On a near death experience after being seriously hurt in a stampede, Santino meets his mother in heaven. However, Santino did not have any physical contact with her. She said that "his father" (Enrqiue) still needs help.
- Jairus Aquino - as Young Enrique/ Gonzalvo Policarpio - as a young kid, Enrique remembers the day his parents were killed. And now he starts comparing his childhood from another farmer's life.
- Tess Antonio - the social worker who took Santino from the priests before. She again comes back to take Santino away because of the accident that occurred which nearly caused Santino's death.
- William Lorenzo as Enrique & Robert's father.
- Benjie Felipe as Arturo - a man that Malena paid to kidnap Santino. It was later revealed that Malena just takes his family as her bait to make him do what she wants. His wife was about to take their kid for adoption, but with Malena's dirty money, he's able to keep his daughter. After a botched attempt to kidnap Santino and the ensuing chase by Mario, Arturo was killed when he was hit by a truck.
- Erin Panlilio as Grace - Moy & Jackie's daughter and also Pilo's granddaughter. She's now going to the same school with Santino.
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Foster
Malena and Enrique started to reconcile. Rico and his family went back together again. Santino also started to reunite with the priests again. Meanwhile, the DSWD came to the monastery and needed to take Santino away from the priests because another couple saw the records of all the kids in the DSWD. They also saw the records of Santino so they planned to take Santino. The couple adopted Santino, but the wife tried to "re-live" her dead son in the person of Santino. This caused the couple problems, and it was decided that he be returned to the DSWD. Meanwhile, Rico’s accident finally makes Malena a changed woman. Aside from paying Santino the proper apologies for all her misdeeds, Malena also drops by Baby and Ato’s store to say sorry for all her shortcomings. Later, after having a fight with Tilde, Malena’s fall off a cliff put her in a rather critical condition, which eventually led to her untimely death. Santino tries reviving her, just as Rico requested, but even his miraculous hands couldn’t change Malena’s fate. On the other hand, Tilde’s previous threats to Malena instantly backfire. Incidentally, someone witnessed what she had done to Malena. Father Jose applies for a job in a nearby resort, but it was discovered that his workplace is actually a casino. Santino sees Enrique in the place; the latter asked him to remain silent about that, but the former refused. Jueteng is prevalent in Bagong Pag-Asa, and Mario and the other policemen begin to hunt down the perpetrators. It is revealed that Enrique himself is involved in jueteng.
- Mickey Ferriols as Vicky/ Momskie - one of the parents who adopted Santino.
- Bernard Palanca as Manny/ Dadskie - Vicky's husband.
Chapter Thirty: Greed
Santino meets the infamous Aling Soledad, a grumpy old lady who happens to be everyone’s enemy due to her remorseless greed. Pretty much aware of the scarcity of water in Bagong Pag-asa, she ends up selling her remaining supply for a pretty unreasonable price. Despite the old lady’s bad reputation, Santino and his friends end up defending her from enraged neighbors; but instead of showing gratitude to the said kids, she ends up driving them away. On the other hand, the heat wave phenomenon in Bagong Pag-asa finally takes its toll on its residents; but despite the said fact, Enrique remains unmoved regarding the matter. Enrique then verbally harasses Mario, whom he accused of being Bagong Pag-asa's jueteng lord. A fire in Bagong Pag-asa destroyed Atong and Baby's livelihood; a newly-wed [to Tilde] Enrique helped them, but in return they would have to blame Cocoy for the fire, even if the fire was just an accident. This causes the disappearance of both Cocoy and Santino from Bagong Pag-asa.
- Ms. Gloria Romero as Aling Soledad - a grumpy old lady who seems to be angry to anyone she meets. She has a water supply business.
- Aldred Gatchalian as Young Romulo - Aling Soledad's husband
- Jessie Mendiola as Young Soledad
- Jojit Lorenzo as Agusto - a gambler who kidnapped Santino after losing a cockfight. He said that his solution for his money problems is to make money through Santino's abilities.
- Dindo Arroyo as Gregor Mendez - one of Robert's right hand men as illegal gambling lord inside his residence from Bagong-Asa. Father Jose quits his job as chef to Gregor. Robert and Enrique orders and plots to kill Father Anthony.
Chapter Thirty-One: Family
The authorities found a way to track down Cocoy; and in order to save Santino from the pursuit, Cocoy then decides to leave his little brother alone in a safe place as he tries misleading his hunters. After the incident, Cocoy discovers that Santino has actually gone astray. And given the said situation, he is left with no other choice but to remain at large up until he finds the missing miracle kid. Incidentally, after obliviously walking around the streets of Manila to look for his big brother Cocoy, Santino finds himself spending sometime with Santa Claus. Santa Claus pursues his calling of giving out gifts from one house to another, and surprisingly, he ends up finding himself in his very own house. Immediately, his son Ramon recognizes him; but instead of greeting him with a hearty welcome, the lad instantly shoves him away. Ramon tries warning his younger sister Lea. Surprisingly, in contrast to her brother’s display of disgust, Lea is somehow looking forward to seeing her biological father; so she makes it a plan to look for him before her time finally runs out. In order to fulfill his promise to Totoy, Santino drops by the hospital to lay his miraculous hand on Lea; and after successfully doing so, they rush to the precinct in order to check on Totoy’s condition. Incidentally, Totoy had decided to donate his own heart in order to save his daughter’s life but Santino heals Lea. Lea & Ramon reunite with their estranged father Totoy.
- Pen Medina as Totoy -a man who disguises himself as Santa Claus after breaking out of jail. His only wish is to see and meet his youngest child who he has never met since birth to give her a toy he has dearly kept. After being taken to jail, his wife died and both their children were sent to a home where they were separated.
- Shaina Magdayao as Lea - Totoy's long lost younger daughter. It was revealed that she's terminally ill due to a heart disease and her last wishes is to finally meet her real father before she passes away, although she was healed by Santino.
- Ping Medina as Ramon - Totoy's elder son.
Chapter Thirty-Two: Trust
In the midst of Santino and Jose's pursuit, Mia tries giving them a lift; and upon learning that they have no place to go, she gladly offers her house to be their temporary refuge. Incidentally, all these good deeds she has to offer have corresponding prices. Apparently, she is a self-professed material girl, and any thing that could bring her cash is basically worth her while. During one of their conversations, Santino tells Mia about the 1-million-peso reward Enrique is giving out in exchange for him and others are also in pursuit of the reward money; and upon learning about this, the young lady couldn’t help but feel the urge of getting her hand on the said bundle of cash. Upon getting her chance, Mia tricks Santino to go with her, alone. At the last minute, Mia changes her mind about bringing Santino back to Bagong Pag-asa. She surprisingly feels guilt-stricken upon realizing how the kid actually trusts her with his dear life. Mia gets mad at her family, saying she has worked hard for them and yet they do not appreciate her for what she's sacrificed for them; while she was driving a taxi, she was stabbed by robbers, and Santino healed her. Meanwhile, Gregor has been arrested and evidence soon implicates Robert in the illegal gambling in Bagong Pag-asa. Anita gets mad at Robert, whom she treated as her son.
- Krista Ranillo as Mia - a tomboyish young woman who does works for everything just to give support to her family. She basically does everything she can, taxi driver or even becoming a circus entertainer.
- Susan Africa as Isay - Mia's mother. She takes money from Mia that she says she needs for very important use. It turns out she lied and used the money for her own selfish shenanigans. But in the end, she saved some of it for her daughter's use.
- Empress Schuck as Danica - Mia's youngest sister
- Charles Christianson as Julius - Mia's younger brother
- Dindo Arroyo as Gregor Mendez - one of Robert's right hand men. He's arrested by Mario.
Chapter Thirty-Three: Joy
Father Jose’s finds a way to search for employment, he tries his luck in a job opening at Boss Jeff’s house. He instantly gets the job after the said employer brusquely fires the newly hired for the particular position. Incidentally, Boss Jeff is pretty notorious among his employees. Apparently, he is vastly cruel to them, most especially to those who work in his toy store.
- Sam Milby as Jeff - commonly being called as "Boss Jeff", a crippled owner of a very known toy store. Jeff was said to have been abused as a child causing him to lose his ability to walk thus causing him to be mean to his workers.
- Spanky Manikan as Mino - Buboy's father. Jeff's personal driver and housekeeper.
- Ketchup Eusebio as Buboy - Jeff's assistant manager for the toystore.
- Pokwang as Amy - a woman who gave ice cream in a church choir. She claims that Santino healed a friend of hers before.
Chapter Thirty-Four: Alone
Santino fortunately escapes his pursuers with the help of a happy-go-lucky traveling sales lady named Libay. Upon learning that the poor kid is actually lost, the young lady gladly offers to help him go back home. In order to return the said favor, Santino then volunteers to help Libay with her sales; and together they go from town to town asking around for directions towards the small town of Bagong Pag-asa. She was then discovered by her brother, and asked to come home so that she could be with their father. It was revealed that Libay left her family because she couldn't carry on seeing her father suffering from Stage 4 cancer. Santino healed Libay's father.
- Judy Ann Santos as Libay - a basket merchant who Santino met after running away from the kidnappers. It was later revealed that she's actually running away from her family, who is rich and wealthy. She said the reason she ran away is because she can't carry on seeing her dad suffer.
- Juan Rodrigo - Libay's father who has a stage 4-cancer.
- Neil Ryan Sese as Rupert - Libay's brother.
- Adriana Agcaoili as Leling - Libay's older sister.
- Allan Paule as Onin - a man who was paid by Tilde to create a scene which she believe would make Enrique look like a "hero". He tried to act as if he would drive off the school bus used by Santino and his class on their field trip.
- Pokwang as Amy - she celebrated the New Year with Santino.
Chapter Thirty-Five: Father
A strange man named Franco de Jesus roams around Bagong Pag-asa to search for Teresa Malimban; but instead of finding his former girlfriend, he ends up finding her son Santino instead. Upon learning about this said information, Franco instantly claims custody of the said kid; and in order to successfully do so, he tries seeking Mayor Enrique’s help. Without hesitation, Enrique gives his full support to Franco’s case. He instantly suggests a DNA test; and once the DNA test results prove that Franco is in fact Santino’s biological father, the DSWD will then be awarding Santino’s custody to him. After Enrique finds out that Franco is not the real father, Enrique decided to have a DNA test. It is then proven that Enrique is Santino's real father, and the DNA sample Franco gave was actually Enrique's. Enrique then decided to back out of the mayoral race in order to spend more time with his children, and gets ready to face corruption charges that may be filed against him after leaving office. Meanwhile, a fugitive Robert greets Enrique during his birthday, with Rico and Santino abducted by Robert. Mario and Enrique then pursue a chase against Robert, which leads to the death of Enrique and injuries to Rico during the rescue process.
- Jay Manalo as Franco de Jesus - a man who claims that he is Santino's real father. He and Teresa had a previous relationship, but he and Tilde are just engaging in fraud.
- Andrea del Rosario as Janet - A woman who searched for her best friend in the town of Bagong Pag-asa. It was later revealed that her friend was Teresa Malimban, a woman connected to the lives of people of Bagong Pag-asa. She found out that her friend had died more than 5 years ago and later decided to search for Teresa's son Gabriel (who is Santino).
Chapter Thirty-Six: Temptation
After Enrique's death, Tilde was arrested for being involved in the death of Malena. However, she was able to escape by pretending that she's going to labor; while being driven, she got the gun of Dante, the policeman driving the vehicle. Rico was resentful of Santino because of their father's death. Santino then felt sad as he believes he's bad luck due to the death of Enrique and the anger of Rico; Father Jose told him that he was not the Santino who was trying to be happy despite the hardships and trials. Meanwhile, Santino was being told by a voice (possibly Satan's) that he should come to it and he was cursed by Bro. He ends up being helped by angels on his way and ends up at a home for the homeless, run by Lola Milgaros, a blind grandmother.
- Gloria Sevilla as Lola Milagros - A blind old woman who is the owner of a home open to those who have no roof over their heads. Apparently, a rich businessman named Mr. Chan is trying to take the house for the homeless.
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Believe
A journalist named Paulo Peñaflor arrives at Bagong Pag-asa to search for news featuring the miracles in the small town. And to his delight, he alone gets his hands on the most sensational news there is, Rico's exclusive encounters with his so-called Bro (actually Satan). Though a non-believer of such events, Paulo pursues this rather controversial issue for his show's sake. Santino has now returned to Bagong Pag-asa, but his former petty argument with Rico turns out to be a completely heated dispute. Apparently, Santino tries relaying Bro’s real message to Rico, which instantly infuriates the latter. Given the rather controversial situation, Paulo then gets another angle for a truly sensational scoop. And to his surprise, the tension is further heightened up by Tilde’s hired con-artist. This results in an accident which endangered Stella’s life; but fortunately, Santino is around to save her dear life. Meanwhile, detainees in Bagong Pag-asa's jail held the police chief hostage, and ordered all policemen to give them their arms.
- Ryan Agoncillo as Paulo Peñaflor - A journalist and CBN News Reporter who went to Bagong Pag-asa after hearing about the news of Rico's encounter with "Bro". He was a former missionary but he abandoned that vocation when the chapel that he and his co-missionaries had built was bombed, resulting in the death of his colleagues and the people. He managed to save a crying baby but it also died even after he thought Jesus would help the baby. In his despair, he threw out his cloak and left with the dead baby. It was this event that triggered his loss of faith in Christ.
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Amen
Santino has now returned to Bagong Pag-asa. Tilde deviously abducts Mario's daughter Joy, and requested that Santino be brought to her in exchange for Joy's release. Santino then told Mario that he would respond to Tilde's request, Mario agreeing unconditionally out of his desperate situation. Although Mario would not be giving Santino to Tilde, the young boy was abducted by Tilde, who asked the former to cure her sickness. Tilde was enraged and locked up Santino in a closet when Santino refused to heal her since he has no more power to cure the sick. Tilde then insistently commands him to lay his miraculous hands on her, but Tilde accidentally pushes Santino off a flight of stairs, causing Santino's head to hit very hard on the floor, thus, causing him to instantly lose his consciousness—just as Rico once predicted. Santino was then hospitalized, but when his chances of survival were declining, the priests then decided to bring his dying body to the monastery. Santino dies in the monastery, and his wish to reunite with his parents was finally granted, though it caused deep grief to everyone. People then flocked to Bagong Pag-asa in order to pay the necessary respects to his remains, while Tilde was punished and imprisoned. During funeral preparations were underway, Santino wakes up alive after he was told by his parents in the afterlife that the time for him to be reunited with them has not yet come, and he still needs to continue his mission on Earth, and to be with and protect his half-brother Rico, and this miracle was witnessed by Paolo, who saw the young boy sitting alongside Bro. People of Bagong Pag-asa rejoiced upon seeing Santino alive once more. This occurrence brought back Paolo's faith in God, and Santino lives a normal life thereafter. In the end of the series, Paolo gives a narration on what hope for him is and how Santino changed his life.
- Charo Santos-Concio as Virgin Mary - the mother of Bro. This was Charo comeback primetime show, since Esparanza in 1997.
- Chin-Chin Gutierrez as Teresa Malimban
- Susan Roces as Ms. Nieves Antazo
- Ejay Falcon as Boy George
- Rosanna Roces as Adela San Jose
- Anne Curtis as Carla
- Wendy Valdez as Judith
- Evangeline Pascual as Myrna
- Chinggoy Alonzo as Mr. Manolo Sandoval
- Toni Gonzaga as Alex
- Sam Milby as Jeff
- Mark Bautista as Victorio
- KC Concepcion as Abby Cruz
- Bernard Palanca as Manny/ Dadskie
- Mickey Ferriols as Vicky/ Momskie
- Bea Alonzo as Sara
- Nash Aguas as Joey/Val
- Shaina Magdayao as Lea
- Christopher de Leon as Dr. Marcelito "Lito" Azarcon
- Maricar Reyes as Ate Ina
- Krista Ranillo as Mia
- Vhong Navarro as Moy
- Gabby Concepcion as Ricardo
- Claudine Barretto as Julia
- Gloria Romero as Aling Soledad
- Lorna Tolentino as Miriam
- Gardo Versoza as Gary
- Ai-Ai Delas Alas as Delilah
- Judy Ann Santos as Libay
- Dolphy as Pilo
- Sam Milby
- Toni Gonzaga
- Piolo Pascual
- Charice Pempengco
- Zsa Zsa Padilla
- Arnel Pineda
- Jed Madela
- Martin Nievera
- Vina Morales
- Aiza Seguerra
- Kyle Balili
- Nikki Gil
- Christian Bautista
- Erik Santos
- Rachelle Ann Go
- Duncan Ramos
Due to the show's ratings, ABS-CBN's management has decided to extend it for 20 weeks instead of the initial eight weeks. On June 23, 2009, ABS-CBN television head Cory Vidanes announced that the show would be extended until February 2010.
The finale posted a whopping 47.3% national household rating according to Kantar Media/TNS.
Entertainment columnist Nestor Torre of The Philippine Daily Inquirer said "It must have been a big decision for the new show’s producers to get away from that downbeat view of life and come up with this Marcelino Pan Y Vino-inspired tale. But it’s great to note that the gamble has paid off in a big way: May Bukas Pa has been enjoying very good ratings, proving what we’ve been saying all this time--that viewers want to be inspired by the dramas they watch.." However, he criticized the show's "religious" scenes which are "poorly, shallowly staged, thus making genuine inspiration and devotion difficult to come by while viewing the series." He further criticized the show's use of extras mostly playing sick people, who turn out to be bad actors. He adds, "Any director worth his salt would have sensed that the montage of healing needed good actors to make it meaningful and moving. Why were inept actors used instead? Possibly because the production was scrimping on talent fees. Well, it was a penny-wise pound-foolish decision, because the important sequence was botched."
ABS-CBN station's Christmas celebration was dedicated to the show. The main song was entitled "Bro, Ikaw ang Star ng Pasko" (Bro, You are the Star of Christmas). Christmas lanterns were specially created by ABS-CBN that are sold to benefit ABS-CBN foundation’s charity programs. ABS-CBN launched Parol ni Bro November 4, 2009, where an 18-foot Christmas lantern on the top of ABS-CBN building was lit up by the May Bukas Pa cast, ABS-CBN president Charo Santos-Concio, and ABS-CBN chairman and CEO Eugenio Lopez III.
|2009||1st MTRCB TV Awards||Special Award for Promoting Moral Values||Won|
|Seoul International Drama Awards||Best Drama Series||Nominated|
|Catholic Mass Media Awards||Best Drama (tied with Tayong Dalawa)||Won|
|ASAP Pop Viewer's Choice Awards||Pop Kapamilya New Face (Zajian Jaranilla)||Won|
|ASAP Pop Viewer's Choice Awards||Pop Kapamilya TV Show||Nominated|
|18th KBP Golden Dove Awards||Best Primetime Drama Series||Won|
|PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Primetime Drama Series||Won|
|PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Male New TV Personality (Zajian Jaranilla)||Won|
|PMPC Star Awards for Television||Best Drama Actor (Albert Martinez)||Nominated|
|2010||8th Gawad Tanglaw||Special Jury Award for Television||Won|
|8th Gawad Tanglaw||Natatanging Gawad TANGLAW para sa Sining ng Telebisyon (Zaijan Jaranilla)||Won|
|41st GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||TV Program of the Year||Won|
|TV Directors of the Year (Jojo Saguin and Jerome Pobocan )||Won|
May Bukas Pa also received a special award at the 2009 Catholic Mass Media Awards (besides its Best Drama award), given by Cardinal Archbishop Gaudencio Rosales. The special award was received by lead star Zaijian Jaranilla and the supporting actors who play priests (who also wore cassocks for the occasion).
Also Anak TV Seal Awards Most Admired Program & also Zaijian Jaranilla as Male Makabata Awardee.
In observance of the Lenten season, May Bukas Pa had its encore telecast on Maundy Thursday (April 9, 2009), Good Friday (April 10, 2009) at 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm, and on Black Saturday (April 11, 2009) at 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm as part of ABS-CBN's Holy Week presentation.
The 3-part marathon special topped the TNS Media Research ratings with "38.3% on Maundy Thursday, 32.6% on Good Friday, and 26.2% on Black Saturday".
On May 22, 2011, ABS-CBN aired the documentary entitled Banál (Tagalog for "holy") on the occasion of the beatification of Pope John Paul II. The characters of Santíno and Father Anthony are presenters in this documentary on the life of the late pontiff and his significance for Filipinos.
- "May Bukas Pa". ABS-CBN.com. 2011-04-15. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- In the show's universe, Santino was around 5 months old when he was found by the monks on February 2, 2003, making his birthday around September of 2002. http://inbetweentakes.com/2009/01/28/ang-abandonado/
- "May Bukas Pa". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "Makisig Morales: 'Super bait po pala talaga ni Zaijian'". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "Showbuzz". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "Showbuzz". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- PEP.ph. "May Bukas Pa will soon feature Dolphy | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "May Bukas Pa". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "ABS-CBN.com". ABS-CBN.com. 2011-04-15. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "ABS-CBN.com". ABS-CBN.com. 2011-04-15. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "May Bukas Pa” extended due to high ratings" by Noypitayo.com February 15, 2009
- "ABS-CBN extends airing of 'May Bukas Pa'". ABS-CBN News. 2009-06-23. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "‘May Bukas Pa,’ plus and minus" by Nestor Torre March 16, 2009
- "Showbuzz". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- "Cristine Reyes attends Seoul International Drama Awards; Eva Fonda wins Special Prize". Telebisyon.net. 2011-11-23. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- Updated May 20, 2013 - 12:00am (2013-05-20). "Chiz: Don't extend Pagcor chief's term | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star". philstar.com. Retrieved 2013-07-28.
- ABS-CBN wins big at 31st CMMAs --- from ABS-CBN News Online
- PEP.ph. "TNS National Ratings (April 7–13): May Bukas Pa extends its power during Holy Week | PEP.ph: The Number One Site for Philippine Showbiz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2013-07-28.