May Ling Su
|May Ling Su|
|Born||1973 (age 42–43)
Su earned a bachelor's degree in Communication Arts from the Ateneo de Manila before she moved to the United States, where she first started out in the adult film industry in 1996 by making movies with her husband, Jay. She still primarily directs herself but has also worked with other directors, including Max Hardcore in 2002.
In 2010, she published the art book On My Period, in which she had made art out of her menstrual blood. That same year, she was also named one of the Porn Saints (known for their “pornoartistic approach to religion”) by the art project of the same name.
Su has been portrayed by many other artists, including American photographer Timothy Greenfield-Sanders (who has dubbed her as one of the 30 most important porn stars in America), in his book XXX: 30 Porn-Star Portraits and his HBO documentary Thinking XXX in 2004, and by Swedish punk painter Karl Backman for The Museum of Porn in Art in Zürich in 2011. Another portrait of her is on permanent display at the Erotisch Museum in Amsterdam.
Awards and nominations
- May Ling Su (November 2011). My Friend the Porn Star. Interview with Gang Badoy. Esquire Philippines. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "IAFD - May Ling Su". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "On My Period, by May Ling Su". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "May Ling Su on Max Hardcore". Retrieved 2013-03-12.[dead link]
- "PornSaints.org; May Ling Su". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Thinking XXX (2004 TV movie) Full Cast & Crew". IMDb. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- Karl Backman. "The Museum of Porn in Art presents an exhibition". Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "May Ling Su and Karl Backman". Archived from the original on April 1, 2012. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Feminist Porn Awards". goodforher.com. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- Official website
- May Ling Su at the Internet Movie Database
- May Ling Su at the Internet Adult Film Database
- May Ling Su at the Adult Film Database
- "EJ Dickson: The Art of Menstrala"
- "Red is the Warmest Colour"
- Rachel Aimee; Eliyanna Kaiser; Audacia Ray (9 February 2015). $pread: The Best of the Magazine that Illuminated the Sex Industry and Started a Media Revolution. Feminist Press at The City University of New York. pp. 73–74. ISBN 978-1-55861-873-2. Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "Menstrual art in the USA" video
|This Filipino biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a pornographic actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|