May Ling Su
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
May Ling Su
Su in 2011
|Born||1973 (age 45–46)|
Su earned a bachelor's degree in Communication Arts from the Ateneo de Manila before she moved to the United States, where she first started out in the adult film industry in 1996 by making movies with her husband, Jay. She still primarily directs herself but has also worked with other directors, including Max Hardcore in 2002.
In 2010, she published the art book On My Period, in which she had made art out of her menstrual blood. That same year, she was also named one of the Porn Saints (known for their "pornoartistic approach to religion") by the art project of the same name.
Su has been portrayed by many other artists, including American photographer Timothy Greenfield-Sanders (who has dubbed her as one of the 30 most important porn stars in America), in his book XXX: 30 Porn-Star Portraits and his HBO documentary Thinking XXX in 2004, and by Swedish punk painter Karl Backman for The Museum of Porn in Art in Zürich in 2011. Another portrait of her is on permanent display at the Erotisch Museum in Amsterdam.
Awards and nominations
- May Ling Su (November 2011). "My Friend the Porn Star". Esquire Philippines (Interview). Interviewed by Gang Badoy. Archived from the original on January 8, 2012. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "IAFD – May Ling Su". Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "On My Period, by May Ling Su". Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "May Ling Su on Max Hardcore". Retrieved March 12, 2013.[dead link]
- "PornSaints.org; May Ling Su". Archived from the original on August 26, 2011. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Thinking XXX (2004 TV movie) Full Cast & Crew". IMDb. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Karl Backman. "The Museum of Porn in Art presents an exhibition". Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "May Ling Su and Karl Backman". Archived from the original on April 1, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- "Feminist Porn Awards". goodforher.com. Retrieved March 12, 2013.
- Official website
- May Ling Su on IMDb
- May Ling Su at the Internet Adult Film Database
- May Ling Su at the Adult Film Database
- "EJ Dickson: The Art of Menstrala"
- "Red is the Warmest Colour"
- Rachel Aimee; Eliyanna Kaiser; Audacia Ray (February 9, 2015). $pread: The Best of the Magazine that Illuminated the Sex Industry and Started a Media Revolution. Feminist Press at The City University of New York. pp. 73–74. ISBN 978-1-55861-873-2. Retrieved September 27, 2015.
- "Menstrual art in the USA" video
|This Filipino biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a pornographic actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|