May We All
|"May We All"|
|Single by Florida Georgia Line featuring Tim McGraw|
|from the album Dig Your Roots|
|Released||July 15, 2016|
|Florida Georgia Line singles chronology|
|Tim McGraw singles chronology|
"May We All" is a song recorded by American country music group Florida Georgia Line and country music artist Tim McGraw. It is the second single from the duo's third studio album, Dig Your Roots, which was released on August 26, 2016. The song was written by Rodney Clawson and Jamie Moore. "May We All" was first released for sale on July 16, 2016 by Republic Nashville as an album and released as a single to radio in August.
"May We All" debuted at number 27 on the Hot Country Songs chart, selling 22,000 copies in its first week as a pre-release track for the album. It has since reached number two on that chart. It was the most added song on its official US radio add date in August. It first appeared on the Country Airplay chart at number 51, and rose to number 34 the following week. It reached number one on the Country Airplay chart in December. It became Florida Georgia Line's ninth top 40 and seventh top 30 hit on the pop chart. It is Tim McGraw's thirty-second top 40 and twenty-second top 30 hit on the pop chart.
As of July 2017, the song had sold 635,000 copies in the United States.
The music video was directed by TK McKamy and premiered in August 2016. The video consists of Brian and Tyler as racecar drivers and Tim McGraw as the owner of the cars. The drivers are friends at first but fight after Tyler puts Brian into the wall at the end of the second race. They reconcile after Brian spins Tyler out and ends up flipping Tyler's car. Brian then goes to help Tyler get out of the car. Tyler's car catches on fire, and Brian ends up pulling him out, against track official and firefighter orders. The video ends with Tyler asking Brian if he won with Brian responding "We all Did". The video has them acting only (without singing), the first FGL video to do so. The video was shot in Hohenwald, Tennessee.
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,000,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Freeman, Jon (August 4, 2016). "Hear Florida Georgia Line and Tim McGraw's Rousing 'May We All'". Rolling Stone.
- Dukes, Billy (August 2, 2016). "Florida Georgia Line (Feat. Tim McGraw), 'May We All' [Listen]". Taste of Country.
- Bjorke, Matt (July 26, 2016). "Top 30 Digital Country Singles Chart: July 26". Roughstock.
- "Florida Georgia Line Is Most-Added With 'May We All' Ft. Tim McGraw". AllAccess. August 9, 2016.
- "Country Airplay". Billboard. August 27, 2016.
- "Nielsen SoundScan charts – Digital Songs – Week Ending: 7/6/2017" (PDF). Nielsen SoundScan. Archived from the original (PDF) on August 8, 2017.
- Allers, Hannahlee (August 29, 2016). "Florida Georgia Line, Tim McGraw Drop 'May We All' Music Video". The Boot. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- "Florida Georgia Line Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- "Florida Georgia Line Chart History (Canada Country)". Billboard. Retrieved November 8, 2016.
- "Florida Georgia Line Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- "Florida Georgia Line Chart History (Country Airplay)". Billboard. Retrieved November 28, 2016.
- "Florida Georgia Line Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- "Country Airplay Songs – Year-End 2017". Billboard. Retrieved December 18, 2017.
- "American single certifications – Florida Georgia Line – May We All". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved December 13, 2017. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.